Back to my roots.

slOth212

5+ Year Member
Hey all!
I am back in the honda scene after a few years of getting a subaru, which was the biggest money pitt I've ever had.
Had to sell the forester and now have an ED6.

I think its pretty clean.

Had to replace front seats which i found someone with some 88 seats for cheap.
Apparently there has been some kind of carb mod along the lines of cutting and stretching springs but i don't quite fully understand.

The bad: untill it's warmed up it puffs a hell of alot of blue smoke. I am guessing it is because the pipe for the cold start assist isnt there and the carb mod???
There is also large oil leaks. I can see alot aroud the rocker cover and the sump plug. The cover gasket i can change but the sump plug has been siliconed.
There is also the exhaust that has holes through it.
So a bit of work but not overly hard, as long as the sump plug isn't threaded. Not sure what to do if thats the case.

I want to give it an overhaul and a bit more go, i hear that honda carbs aren't worth playing with but i kinda like the idea of them.

This is the only way taptalk lets me upload

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/586d5ce1256d8/20170105_070343.jpg?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Damn! Super clean man, looks great! Once you get that engine stuff worked out you'll be good to go :thumbs up

slOth212

5+ Year Member
Cheers!
So here is the engine bay. Messy AF!!

So here

Here is the leak from the rocker cover.

And here is the pipe that is missing and wondering if it really need to be there or the importance?

Let me know what the thoutghts are and if anyone has a good explaination of the carby mod described in the first post.

And here are some more pics just for fun.

slOth212

5+ Year Member
Looks good :thumbs up And it's RHD! :headbang:

I'm missing something.. You want to swap a carbureted engine in?
Haha yeah, 99% of cars here are RHD.

Im not sure yet. An engine swap wouldn't be on the cards for a long while, i most likely would be looking at a b18 as i feel it will be the easiest motor to come by in my state but, i want to focus on getting this D15 running sweet.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The bad: untill it's warmed up it puffs a hell of alot of blue smoke. I am guessing it is because the pipe for the cold start assist isnt there and the carb mod???
It's not a mod, i think these 1.5 GL models came from Honda with the dual carb motors.

slOth212

5+ Year Member
It's not a mod, i think these 1.5 GL models came from Honda with the dual carb motors.
Yeah they did. The guy said that he had modified the springs inside. Cutting them and then stretching them back to stock length. Apparently has more throttle response. Ive just not heard of it before.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah they did. The guy said that he had modified the springs inside. Cutting them and then stretching them back to stock length. Apparently has more throttle response. Ive just not heard of it before.
I thought you were referring to it being carburated was the actual mod.
I missed it when you mentioned it the first time...