battery light on

Fiona_builteg1

hey guys please help

i have a 93 civic hatch cx with gsr swap my battery light is on so ive replaced my alternator. it first started by the alternator getting really hot and smoking due to the fluids that fell in went ahead and change it still light on then ive notice i had one wire burnt on the dash harnes ive replaced the whole dash harnes both fuse boxes. battery. and check my engine harnes its good all fuses are good not blown. checked the volts on battery it reads 12v then startes to go lower due to the battery draining the car starts up fine runs fine as long as battery is charged is there anyway to bypass the alternator to charge the battery it not charging at all im lossing my mind it been 3 weeks still cant find the problem please help

Fiona_builteg1

How do you know the replacement alternator is good?

If you unplug the 4P alternator connector and then turn key to ON(II) (engine off), does the "battery" light still turn on?

Do you have a multimeter?
i checked the alternator over at autozone and the light turns off when i unplug it and yes it has 12v but it starts to drain due to the alternator not charging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fiona_builteg1

Unplug the alternator connector.

Turn key to ON(II).

Do you see the Blk/Yel wire in the connector? What voltage to body ground do you measure?
it reads 11.67

battery is 11.73

Fiona_builteg1

yea ive also replace the green plug and the white thick wire for the alter everything all tight yes the belt is tight it read 11:67 useing the body frame for the blk and yellow

Fiona_builteg1

i feel like the reason why the wire but burnt was due to haveing a 1600w amp with a wire with no fuse [emoji58] but replaced everything already

Fiona_builteg1

What wire burnt? Can you post a pic?
it was a white and blue wire it was ran to rhe stereo yellow wire and for the fuse box under the dash and fuse box under the hood it was just one wire but replaced the whole main harnes already i also tryd different ecu and main relay same prob still i will try to get my hands on another alternator