Bent Lower Control Arm Replaced

Joe Mason

Respected
Registered VIP
So I knew something was bent on the front of the car when I bought it but couldn't verify what until I had it up for an alignment recently. It was obvious then that it was the lower control arm. The car has been in a wreck or two. Last night I replaced the bent part. The old part over the new part shows how bad. IMG_20150806_165324.jpg
Drivers side fender clearance is good. The other side is on a jack stand here.

IMG_20150806_165311.jpg
Here you can see the bad fender clearance on the passenger side.

IMG_20150806_192416.jpg
This is the old, bent arm on top of the new arm. I would love to know how the hell one of the previous owners managed to bend this heavy ass cast iron piece.

Broke both sway bar bracket bolts so now that's at the top of the list of things to do.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow. My first guess is that someone hit it dead on at the wheel if you didnt have obvious observable front end damage repairs. It would take a serious hit to bend that.

Joe Mason

Respected
Registered VIP
There's plenty of obvious repair work that's been done. Hood, bumper cover, at least one fender have been replaced. And the radiator support is jacked. Rad support is on the list too since it's keeping the hood from lining up and the bumper cover from getting attached properly.