Best tires for a 205-50-15 spec

deevibez17

1999 Civic Hx
5+ Year Member
i currently have 195-55-15. Is it possible to get 205-50-15 tires for a 15" rims? if so whats the best tire for this size, preferably performance all seasons.

Feel free to add any inputs or concerns.

MILD99CIVIC

5+ Year Member
i currently have 195-55-15. Is it possible to get 205-50-15 tires for a 15" rims? if so whats the best tire for this size, preferably performance all seasons.

Feel free to add any inputs or concerns.
Yes it's possible. We need to know wheel width.

deevibez17

1999 Civic Hx
5+ Year Member
im not sure but its the stock integra wheels. Heres a pic if any1 knows the exact rim measurements

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes it'll work perfectly fine

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yokohama S drives
Dunlop DIrezza Z1 Star specs

neither are considered all season tires, but they grip well throughout the seasons and tread life is pretty good as well

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had some Kumho ASX's and they were terrible. I had problems with uneven wear when I ran them. My next set were 195/55 Goodyears and had much better luck. It's hard to imagine the size made that much of a difference but that was my experience. Go on to Tire Rack and read some reviews.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
S. Drives are great summer tires. I wouldn't recommend driving them in the winter at all. They handle well in the rain though. I've personally ran them and I drive like a douche bag and I'm pleased with them. I would like to upgrade to something stickier though.

Which brings Khumo XS or Star Specs. Both are great tires and are supposed to be stickier than the S. Drivers with a slightly shorter life span. But remember a tires life is measured by the amount and type of driving you do. So a stickier tire could outlast a less stickier tire. I'm not sure if any of these tires are offered in 205/50 but start by shopping at www.tirerack.com. They have REALLY good prices and a wide variety of tires.

deevibez17

1999 Civic Hx
5+ Year Member
thanks guys will check those out and i live in florida so i dont have to worry about the winter weather like that

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Even though you don't see snow, I still don't recommend driving summer tires in temperatures below 40-50º. It can become unsafe. Summer tires aren't meant to perform in cold climate.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
When I had 15's and was running a 195 I used Yokohama S.Drive. It wasnt a bad tire and I drove it in hot to snow with no problems. But they are by no means a snow tire...lol. Being that you are in FL you really dont have to worry much about that. But IMO I would go with Nitto NeoGen's. I would have bought them if they were offered in 195 for 15's but they were not and I did not want to run 205's. NeoGen's are the only tire I run if they make it in the size I need for daily use. But that is just my opinion. I have been running them since they came out in like 2004 on my Si's...

deevibez17

1999 Civic Hx
5+ Year Member
When I had 15's and was running a 195 I used Yokohama S.Drive. It wasnt a bad tire and I drove it in hot to snow with no problems. But they are by no means a snow tire...lol. Being that you are in FL you really dont have to worry much about that. But IMO I would go with Nitto NeoGen's. I would have bought them if they were offered in 195 for 15's but they were not and I did not want to run 205's. NeoGen's are the only tire I run if they make it in the size I need for daily use. But that is just my opinion. I have been running them since they came out in like 2004 on my Si's...
whats wrong with 205's?

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nothing is wrong with 205's but it wasnt what I was looking for at the time. =)