Big Difference for SRI and Performance Catback? 1994 Civic LX

MrRJ

5+ Year Member
Hey Guys Back again, I have been looking around as usual though I don't post much.

So if you don't already know a few weeks ago I bought a 1994 honda civic LX.

I tried to take it for colorado emissions but they couldn't test it because the whole stock catback is almost deteriorated.

I was considering going with a stock muffler and changing the cheap sri it has on it for the stock airbox.

The reason?
I don't want all the sound. I also own a 1996 Toyota Corolla where I have a k&n sri and performance catback but nobody pays attention to corollas.

The civic on the other hand, after only a week or so of driving I got pulled over for nothing and when I pull up to a stop light people want to race. Makes no sense really because the civic is clearly beat up.

The Big question is will I notice the power difference of sri and performance catback vs. stock airbox and muffler?

According to the numbers provided by manufactures it will be about 10hp difference.

I want to know because I'm usually traveling at 65mph to work 21 miles one way and I don't want the car to work harder than it has to.

Opinions?

Thanks

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD

ODP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't think you'll really notice a difference other then its quiet.

DaOne

I doubt you will feel anything, Might feel faster because of the noise tho lol

MrRJ

5+ Year Member
So you think I won't notice any difference from 0-65? Thanks for your thoughts

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the only difference will be a few points of a second and you can't tell the difference. As far as the cat back and sri making a difference... the throttle response is slightly better so it'll feel slightly faster but thats about it

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Simply put: no, you will not feel a difference. Aftermarket I/H/E is less restrictive and can actually raise your mpg if you drive normal. Power wise, you won't feel a difference at all.

Honda D-Series engines respond very poorly to bolt-on modifications. The only real way to get power out of one is forced induction. Otherwise, swap for something better.

MrRJ

5+ Year Member
Thanks for the advice. I'm leaning towards going stock. Especially since it seems I'd have to get another cat to fit the catback; from what I have read stock on LX won't fit for your general ebay catbacks.

rayaccord101

Registered VIP
Simply put: no, you will not feel a difference. Aftermarket I/H/E is less restrictive and can actually raise your mpg if you drive normal. Power wise, you won't feel a difference at all.

Honda D-Series engines respond very poorly to bolt-on modifications. The only real way to get power out of one is forced induction. Otherwise, swap for something better.
:like: