Black Magic's baby - Timeline

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I found the blue ccfl's way more flashy than I had expected. Plus its actually illegal to drive around with blue ones on. White is legal, more subtle and I think it looks nice.

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
LOVE the retrofit. Wish I had the balls to do one lol. I can't believe you haven't got a set of wheels yet though. Sounds on your car are too crazy for me but hey they probably sound good. Oh and do you have the EVIL motorsports cluster still? I WANT it. No joke.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
LOVE the retrofit. Wish I had the balls to do one lol. I can't believe you haven't got a set of wheels yet though. Sounds on your car are too crazy for me but hey they probably sound good. Oh and do you have the EVIL motorsports cluster still? I WANT it. No joke.
trust me, its not too hard, its just time-consuming. the alignment is really the only tricky part. everything else is straight forward.

honestly, I didn't really want to get rims because I wanted to keep my car looking stock. si or ls mesh wheels were as far as i wanted to go. Unfortunately they won't fit with the brake kit I got... I need at least 16" rims. Hopefully I'll be installing the brake kit sometime next week.

sorry, I sold that cluster.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yeah, they're 17... Honestly, I just wanted si wheels or ls mesh but the brake kit needs at least 16" wheels. I really liked these wheels but they're not made in 16's which is what I wanted... so I ended up going with the 17's.
gotcha....well s**t...the car still looks great man....you should lower it more.....like slam it lol....dont you have more threads on your coilovers to lower it more ??

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
gotcha....well s**t...the car still looks great man....you should lower it more.....like slam it lol....dont you have more threads on your coilovers to lower it more ??
Yeah, I have a lot more thread left.

But my car is a dd. practicality is key for me. Plus I can't go any lower! I already need to have my fenders rolled and the tires rub on the wheel well cover when I turn too much. Plus I like the ride height the way it is. I think its perfect.

Actually, just this morning, I was entering a plaza, and the entrance was on a slant. As I pulled in, I heard a loud rubbing noise then. As I looked in the rear-view mirror, I saw what appeared to be part of my bumper. But turns out it was the wheel well cover! :lol:

I let my bro drive my car once and he hit a high curb when he was parking. It broke the bottom portion of that wheel well cover. It was ready to fall off at any time. RIP.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
took off my grill and painted it black. I kept the chrome trim b/c I like it

I also painted the basketball hanging from my mirror to match the wheels :P

two pics i really liked:

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice car man a little too flashy for my taste but dam that SQ is probably epic :D

too bad you couldnt get 16's :(

all i would knock on is black housing headlights would look ten times better and the chrome on the grill too... ehhh lol but i LOVED Green and black on my old civic so im a little biased :D

and btw the Trunk is real cool lol

silver booolet

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks like some hard work but could use most of the work else where... different strokes

iOn

I like pie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The front end doesn't do it for me... maybe it's because of the aftermarket foglights and the chrome grill. I like everything else though

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I do like the black/green look also, but everyone with a green civic seems to have that going... so I decided to keep the headlight housing chrome as well as the grill.

I just put on the brakes today... only had time to do one side, though. Will hopefully finish up in the morning.

from this:

to this:

... fills up the wheels better thats for sure =)

comparison:

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
judging by the pic im not sure you could have gone down to 16" wheels with that brake kit. i actually had problems with my 16" drag dr-16's clearing my caliper too, i had to use a 5mm spacer. when i switched to the 16" HFP wheels there was plenty of clearance though :what:

what pads are you using with the wilwood kit? ur going to be so happy with the better stopping power and lessened brake fade

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well I finished the other side today.

judging by the pic im not sure you could have gone down to 16" wheels with that brake kit. i actually had problems with my 16" drag dr-16's clearing my caliper too, i had to use a 5mm spacer. when i switched to the 16" HFP wheels there was plenty of clearance though :what:

what pads are you using with the wilwood kit? ur going to be so happy with the better stopping power and lessened brake fade
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing but I'm pretty sure 16's will fit, though. I need wheel spacers too... probably closer to 10mm or more. I'm also gonna need extended lugs .... not sure if its the wheels or just the caliper being too big. I do plan to get some HFP wheels also to use as winter wheels. Perhaps then I won't need the spacers. Currently, I'm using washers until I get a spacer otherwise the wheels will rub on the caliper. Car isn't being driven right now anyways.

I had to bleed the brakes like 3 times. lol. I got so much air in my brake lines. The car seems to stop better, but I barely tested them out. I'm using "high performance" wilwood pads.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well I installed extended studs and wheel spacers this morning

now I have more clearance for the calipers!

before:

after:

I might actually get smaller spacers since I have a lot of room now. I figured its better to be safe than sorry.

Also ended up throwing in these pedals I had sitting around... they match with my ebake handle and shifter

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lookin good man

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks.

I'd also like to ask a question...

After I re-assembled everything I went for a short ride. I noticed a tiny bit of vibration from the front left wheel. It became a lot more noticeable as I'd slow down. I didn't need to brake, but when I let the car slow down it became more noticeable. It almost sounded like grinding and it started getting worse. I pulled over and noticed the lug nuts were a little loose on the front left wheel. I re-tightened them and got home to find the same problem. Its kind of annoying me. I do need to have that wheel re-balanced because its slightly off-balance but I do not think this will fix the issue since it was like that about a week ago before I installed the brakes/studs and there were no problems.

Any ideas? It only happens on the driver side. Passenger side is fine. I put the car on jack stands and inspected the wheels while my brother gave it some gas. Everything appeared fine and I didn't hear anything.