Black Magic's baby - Timeline

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
try lug lock? idk mine just come loose sometimes. did you get the right lugs cause when i bought mine i almost got the wrong size

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
try lug lock? idk mine just come loose sometimes. did you get the right lugs cause when i bought mine i almost got the wrong size
oops, I thought I had posted an update on that.

I put on different lugs (on the one wheel) and the vibration went away. After a few days, I took them off and used the original lugs that were causing vibration and see what happens. I'm glad to say everything has been fine and the vibration is no longer existent... I'm still not sure what may have caused that problem the first time. But its gone now, so I'm not worrying about it.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Also... I might as well let you guys know that I bought oem mud guards, an sir lip and lowered the car a tiny bit more. I have a rear lip as well but haven't got that on yet. Needs paint!

I'm looking to buy new wheels/tires for the winter and get some tint (finally).

Come November and I'll have to raise my car an inch or so for the snow!

cvnig89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks.

I'd also like to ask a question...

After I re-assembled everything I went for a short ride. I noticed a tiny bit of vibration from the front left wheel. It became a lot more noticeable as I'd slow down. I didn't need to brake, but when I let the car slow down it became more noticeable. It almost sounded like grinding and it started getting worse. I pulled over and noticed the lug nuts were a little loose on the front left wheel. I re-tightened them and got home to find the same problem. Its kind of annoying me. I do need to have that wheel re-balanced because its slightly off-balance but I do not think this will fix the issue since it was like that about a week ago before I installed the brakes/studs and there were no problems.

Any ideas? It only happens on the driver side. Passenger side is fine. I put the car on jack stands and inspected the wheels while my brother gave it some gas. Everything appeared fine and I didn't hear anything.

that same thing would happen to me when I had my 17in rims i would drive for a little and have to retighten them and it would be fine after.

iOn

I like pie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks good. Time upgrade those fog lights my friend!

marc111

I ♥ My SEDAN
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
car's looking great buddy!!!!

i envy your rear end.....grrrrrrrrrrr lol

nicely done.....

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
looks great man! It's come a long way for sure.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks.

I raised it about a month or so ago in preparation for the winter. Was tuckin a tiny bit of tire.

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i like your build a lot man, its come so far and is soo clean IMO. keep up the good work.