Black Magic's baby - Timeline

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok, I'm planning on buying a new car in a few months. I've been spending most of my money on repaying my student loans, but I've also managed to save.

I'm thinking of buying a TSX or getting a 99-00 Civic 4dr and doing a swap or something. Anyway, I haven't decided exactly what I'm gonna do but I'm probably going to try finding another Civic. I really love these cars.

Anyway, painted the lip on my winter wheels and picked up winter tires. Haven't made much use out of them tho because it's barely been snowing.

Other random parts I've picked up:
- Function 7 LCAs
- ASR brace
- Blox limited ed. gold shift knob
- new dizzy cap and rotor

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Those rims look so much better than the others! The smaller size looks so good. and dude don't get rid of this car! It is the nicest civic sedan I have ever seen. For real!

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Those rims look so much better than the others! The smaller size looks so good. and dude don't get rid of this car! It is the nicest civic sedan I have ever seen. For real!
As much as I love it, is on it's way out...
- Engine/body has close to 450k on it
- A bit of rainwater leaks into the front passenger side. I've taken it apart like 4 times now with no hope in fixing it
- blower doesn't work on 1 or 2 anymore (never bothered to investigate b/c it doesn't really bother me).
- tranny oil seal is almost done
- exhaust has a tiny hole in it
- a few dings here and there and a nice dent that some shithead left in the rear quarter panel.

All in all, there is nothing serious wrong with it, but I'm better off getting another car than I am trying to fix everything. These cars go for like 2 - 3k which isn't much. I'm willing to scrap or part it out and pay the difference for another one.

I like the 99-00 model because it has electronic temp/climate control as opposed to the lame cable this baby is rocking. I also prefer the double din centre console for the sound system. I'm pretty much indifferent between the 96-98 and the 99-00 in terms of looks. If done right, both can look really good imo... although I do love the the 96-98 sir lip.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, everyone has their own style. I do things to my own taste preference and don't really care whether or not other people like it. And I think that's the way the car enthusiast community should be.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice man, didn't know you were still doing things to the Civic.

scarhead92

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
still love this car man. i know the 16's look better but those gold rims set it off so amazing

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice dude where did you get second set of stock looking projectors
They're from an Acura TL. I retrofitted them into my stock headlights. More info here: http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=149015

Nice man, didn't know you were still doing things to the Civic.
haha ya I get that a lot. I never wanna stop working on it. It's just not my top priority. I wanna get rid of all my student loans before dropping a lot of money on my car. I'm about half way there! Just gotta stick it out.

This was from June, but I think I said it cause the picture was amazing. Idk, I can't see it from school haha.
lol thanks.

scarhead92

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ive got 96 dx same color and drooled on my keyboard and said thats my wheel setup right there

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Now that I see the picture, that's exactly why I said that lol. I have the picture on my phone cause it's cool.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha, thanks. I really wish I had more time to learn how to edit photos properly. It's something I have a huge interest in.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha, thanks. I really wish I had more time to learn how to edit photos properly. It's something I have a huge interest in.
Same man. I know my way around Photoshop, but photo manipulations I have no knowledge of.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I forgot that I had bought these F&F coilovers. Was supposed to use them during the winter, but that didn't end up happening. Bought for $450 I think... will take a reasonable offer if anyone is interested. There's some surface rust, but function over form.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice car dude, I love the trunk. Wish I had the cash for those coilovers.