5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
as shitty as it sounds i was thinking about a bazooka tube,just for a lil bass

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would advise you to not go that route. Save your money and get something good. You'll be happy you did.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yah ,well its not the money thats the problem, i just want space, i really miss my old ma audio set up

knivesout

¬ µ ∫ ç π
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Makes me want to retrofit my headlights sooo badly!

knivesout

¬ µ ∫ ç π
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Already read it. It's just a matter of assembling parts right now, I know what I need and have a good idea of how it all works. One thing I wanted to ask you is how did you mount your projectors to be able to rotationally adjust them?

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I didn't... I just aligned them using a level and screwed them into the reflector. You can use L brackets and mount it to the headlight housing instead. That will give you rotational adjustment. I personally prefer to align them using a level once and then just screw them in. That way you never have to worry about it again.

knivesout

¬ µ ∫ ç π
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok, that's what it looked like, I just wasn't sure. I was wondering cause that once person over on HIDplanet was saying that your passenger side rotational adjustment was off.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah, you can also adjust it a tiny bit using the stock adjustment knobs.

Mine is off by literally like half a degree... and it was because I didn't notice that the table I was working on was slightly tilted. Its more evident in this picture...

See how it slants up on the right a little? Thats because I need to adjust it a little more. Honestly, I'm surprised that he even noticed, because its very subtle. Still not bad for aligning it during the day =)

knivesout

¬ µ ∫ ç π
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh, ok yeah it is noticeable in that pic but you really have to be looking for it! Yeah, I'd say that's quite well aligned being that you did it in the daylight. I think your overall output looks fantastic though, that was your first retrofit right? I'm thinking about using the L bracket method just in case I can't get them perfectly level the first time. Do you think the the shrouds would cover the brackets well enough though?

civic99coupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You need some rims bro. But progress is looking nice. What ever happened to that Vadar Cluster? I always thoguht those looked cool.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You need some rims bro. But progress is looking nice. What ever happened to that Vadar Cluster? I always thoguht those looked cool.
yeah, I know. I really really need some rims. I'm trying to decide on what ones will look nice. I like these two...

Drag dr9

Drag dr21

Can someone try chopping them on my car please?

ps. I still have that Vadar cluster. It was ok, but the gas didn't seem perfectly accurate.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh, ok yeah it is noticeable in that pic but you really have to be looking for it! Yeah, I'd say that's quite well aligned being that you did it in the daylight. I think your overall output looks fantastic though, that was your first retrofit right? I'm thinking about using the L bracket method just in case I can't get them perfectly level the first time. Do you think the the shrouds would cover the brackets well enough though?
yeah, its my first retrofit... i'm doing my friend's headlights right now too...

The shrouds should cover your brackets well enough. even if it doesn't, you'll barely be able to see them when the cover on.

iBeast

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks like you know what your doing when it comes to audio. i personally have always liked rockford fosgate i have two 12's which take up all my trunk space =[..

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Go with the RPF1 replicas.

How did you like the KYB AGX? I just got some for my car but I havent had a chance to try them on since the car is just sitting :(

knivesout

¬ µ ∫ ç π
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What projectors are you retrofitting the friends lights with? Oh yeah, and did you have any clearance issues with the projector and everything on the driver's side when you put the headlight back in? Not much room back there...

Sorry to bombard you with questions. =)

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Go with the RPF1 replicas.

How did you like the KYB AGX? I just got some for my car but I havent had a chance to try them on since the car is just sitting :(
They AGX's are nice and the dampening adjustments worked well. Definitely no complaints. But I only had them for less than a year before I got the Tein coilovers.

What projectors are you retrofitting the friends lights with? Oh yeah, and did you have any clearance issues with the projector and everything on the driver's side when you put the headlight back in? Not much room back there...

Sorry to bombard you with questions. =)
np, glad to help. My friend bought e46 projectors. Honestly, I would probably never use them for myself because they're not as sharp as the TL projectors nor are they bi-xenon. But to each his own.

Just make sure your projector doesn't stick out too far and it'll fit no problem. On the driver side, I had to temporarily slide out the power steering after i installed the headlights in order to wire the projector and ballast. Other than that, you shouldn't have any problems. There is plenty of room on the passenger side... especially if you have an intake (stock one takes up more room).

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
glad to see someone doing their own thing, I can appreciate a good sound system. :thumbup: