Black Magic's baby - Timeline

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks.

well, i finished my friend's retro and installed it yesterday...

I advised against the bright blue angel eyes, but he wanted them.

I'll be finishing my tweeter pods today (hopefully).

cerasoli1188

Love/Hate Relationship
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice man, you definately like your audio lol I'd say go with the dr21 wheel wise..

have any pics of your tweeter pods finished up?

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pods are almost done. i've been finding excuses to not finish them... like playing a lot of basketball. hopefully they'll be ready for paint by the end of this long weekend.... if nothing else distracts me =)

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not too bad sir

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok, i've been extremely lazy the last few weeks but today I actually got some stuff done.

First I put on the EL trunk lid I bought.

before:

after:

I was able to get the spoiler brake lights to work too

Then I moved on to the tweeter pods. Now its ready for paint. I'm only doing the right side right now.

this is where i left off a few weeks ago:

I primed it to see where to sand more. Then I kept on sanding and sanding and sanding.

After going down to 600 grit i began priming:

now its ready for paint:

Last thing I did was change the halogen license plate lights to LED strips:

Oh yeah, I also got these since my last update:

stainless steel brake lines for brake kit. cant believe they cost me 90 bones

Some wheels. They're nothing special but I don't want to say which ones I got until I get them on the car. Still need to buy tires.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
good work so far

fyi you can run 16" wheels with a 12" brake kit if youre using the stock calipers

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'll be using the 4-piston dynalite calipers included in the kit. The rims I bought are 17's but I plan on using 16's during the winter.

If I ever get the swap I want sometime down the road, I will upgrade to the Dynapro 6 piston calipers and probably get vented rotors for the looks =)

im_slow

5+ Year Member
likin your sound system man. the new work in progress is coming along great!

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
this is the paint i'm using:

I also found the material I'm gonna use. Its like a cross between vinyl and leather.

a few more pics:

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
After I covered the a-pillars they looked ok. not great, but i was pleased with them.

Then after I installed them I got some air bubbles. Must have not used enough adhesive. I'll be taking them off sometime during the week to fix it.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks man. I like the EL trunk lid a lot more too. I had to wait like 2 years to find one, though. I found others, but I woulda had to paint them.

I just changed the ccfl rings from blue to white in my headlights.

Before:

After:

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wanted to compare the looks between the blue and white, so I went to a parking lot to take a pic with the blue ring on one headlight and the white one on the other.

There was a cop there too who made it into the pic =)

I was gonna steal that line from the office and be like, "hey officer do you like doughnuts?" and then I'd do doughnuts all over the parking lot. Then i was like, naw, i'll give the guy a break.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Got new tires for the rims today. Will be putting them on the car tomorrow (hopefully). I'm kind of excited. I've never owned such gangster s**t before.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
before:

after:

ducks are awesome

I want to get 20% tint but I'm not sure if it'll look good. Can someone please try and photoshop it? Thanks.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
rims are too big....they look nice....but are to big...what are they 17s ??

should of left the halo lights blue as well...i think it looked badass blue...but o well its what you like that matters....

and ya tint would look good on your car....should go with like 5% all the way around :P

....or atleast 20%

courtney1302

5+ Year Member
yeaaaaa!!!!!!! for the sq guys now that's someone i can talk too,i will have my system in very soon
looking to do all sony and/or all alpine

CivicALC

DUBsteP Saved mY LifE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my 4door is the same height as yours, and i think its highly due to our not so popular wheel size
threadjack

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeaaaaa!!!!!!! for the sq guys now that's someone i can talk too,i will have my system in very soon
looking to do all sony and/or all alpine
Sony used to have some good hu's back in the day, but in all honesty, today sony's car audio isn't all that.

my 4door is the same height as yours, and i think its highly due to our not so popular wheel size
threadjack
looking good!

rims are too big....they look nice....but are to big...what are they 17s ??

should of left the halo lights blue as well...i think it looked badass blue...but o well its what you like that matters....

and ya tint would look good on your car....should go with like 5% all the way around :P

....or atleast 20%
yeah, they're 17... Honestly, I just wanted si wheels or ls mesh but the brake kit needs at least 16" wheels. I really liked these wheels but they're not made in 16's which is what I wanted... so I ended up going with the 17's.