blinkers not working right

ej6society

Hi guys, well i have a 98 civic coupe, i have a question about my blinkers. When my lights are on they blink at a normal speed until i hit the breaks they start blinking really slow. but when i have my lights off they always blink fast. Has this happened to anybody else and how did u manage to fix it? Please help!

yevangelis

eg ek ek
have you worked on anything recently? sounds like a bad ground.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Could just be from age

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No.

There is a bad connection or ground somewhere or a dramatic change in current from a bad bulb or relay. I had a 47 year old beetle that didn't blink like that so age has no holding here unless age comes with neglect or rust, then there is another underlying problem. It isn't something that is just brushed off because of time.

Harv_D_Johnson

No.

There is a bad connection or ground somewhere or a dramatic change in current from a bad bulb or relay. I had a 47 year old beetle that didn't blink like that so age has no holding here unless age comes with neglect or rust, then there is another underlying problem. It isn't something that is just brushed off because of time.

Meant that to ground connections could be bad from age. Since the op mention he didnt do anything to affect the grounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ej6society

its been like this since i got it. i changed all the bulbs because my friend was having the same problem in his and he changed them and problem fixed, but it didn't do anything for me.