blowing 20A Brake light/Horn fuse, but not with braking or horn use?

voxleo

5+ Year Member
Why would the fuse be fine through multiple tests after installing new one where the horn works fine, both buttons, back and fotth and back again, and then the brakes, on and off and on again, and back to the horn, and back to the brakes and lather rinse repeat, and all is well with both, and have checked wiring and found nothing exposed, changed bulbs in the boot and everything was okay but as soon as I pulled out of my parking space I thought I heard something and then tried the horn again and poof! gone....

I'm guessing something is happening when I turn the steering wheel? What do I look for? I am running out of fuses and I just bought 20 or so just in case, but burned through three today and can't seem to diagnose the issue.

There isn't any alarm, never has been. And the wiring for the stereo has been the same since the horn was working fine (at least I am pretty sure it has - it passed smog check last time, and I think they inspect those things too, don't they? If not I have no idea how long I have been driving around with no braking lights, which is bad... I only noticed when I tried to tap the horn to let someone know they were maybe drifting a little close for comfort or daydreaming and nothing came out....