Boosted Honda City/ Thailand

clong

5+ Year Member
Hi everyone,

Was advised to start a new thread so here goes. Well after along abscence from the site because of work committments and my new car project i am back to hare with you my endeavours. Some of you mught have see n my other car which is a copy of the MUGEN RR that i rebuilt and last year. i have still got the civic but decided instead of pulling it apart again in the search for more horsepower i just started from scratch with a new car, the Honda City that is produced here in Thailand.

Started with putting in the usual mods, Tein racing suspension, fujitsubo racing exhaust, ATS racing brakes, ATS LSD and then went and purchased a ROREX supercharger. Manufactured all custom fittings and piping for it, fitted a GREDDY Ultimate engine management and E-Drive throttle controller,MUGEN short shifter, upgraded the interior to sports leather interior and MUGEN body kit and heh presto, after 4 months of work it was done. Put it on the dyno and got 149 hp at the wheels boosting at 0.5 bar.

Will run it in for a few months before installing some internal upgrades and an intercooler so that i can turn up the boost to 1 bar or maybe a little bit more. All i can say is the Civic was great but this thing just is great and it moves. Hope you enjoy the pics :-)

clong

5+ Year Member
Sorry people, my typing sucks :-)

clong

5+ Year Member
And this is a list of the internals i have just ordered for the next step:

1.CP Pistons set (including pistons, rings, pins, and locks) for Honda L15A engine (Forged, Made of Aluminum Alloy, Tolerant to High boost level, Higher RPM, and Nitrous Oxide, and total weight of the whole set is only 2kgs.)

2. K1 Technologies H-Beam Billet Connecting Rod (including ARP rod bolts) for Honda L15A engine

3. Intercooler

4. New Up pipe and Down pipe

5. Front bar with additional engine mount

6. New Pulley from Rotrex (set up for 1.0 bar)

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Mmmmm nice, wish they made a supercharger kit for my car :lol:

clong

5+ Year Member
will take some more pics this week and post them. Supercharger kit doesnt exist for this car so we basically made everything from scratch. Just bought the ROTREX supercharger and then manufactured the rest from scratch. Took a while but it was well worth it. All the piping, brackets etc were manufactured from scratch. KRAFTWERKS has a supercharger kit for the FIT but only for the US market and not for the JDM market. So we decided to do it ourselves :-) The CITY is basically a FIT platform but a little wider and longer. L15A engine as in the FIT so easy to source go fast goodies for it. I have been looking for someone out there who has transformed their FIT from2 wheel drive to four wheel drive as found in the JDM market. if there is anyone out there please contact me as 4WD would be just fantastic :-)

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Nice. Gotta give props for all that custom work. I wish there was room in my engine bay to custom fit a supercharger :lol: I picked the wrong car.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nice op but i demand more pics dammit

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice looking build. Keep it up!

DRISSN

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
when i saw that 3rd pic of your car i spooged. god damn that car is hot.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah i was surprised when i saw it for the 1st time, there available here in Mexico also... Nice ride OP...

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Thats so crazy I bet that thing is a blast to drive!!

.5 bar is about ~7.5psi right?

oh and one more question, what would happen if you got caught with that over there?

Jose1027

Registered VIP
^your just going around reviving old threads

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk