Bought a couple EG hatches... So yeah.. Here's a few pics

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
I have a build thread on the orange hatch which is almost ready to go back together so i'll bump that thread with more pics shortly. So the point of this thread? I'm not sure. Mostly because I don't yet have anything to talk about on either of the white ones but took a few pics to send my brothers way and figured I might as well whore them out here too. My K20z3 and a 6 speed trans will be here in about 2-3 weeks (shipped (by truck, then boat, then truck again) from TX to AK) so once that gets here, i'll start a build thread on one of these other white hatches. Or maybe a blue hatch that will be here shortly?? I'm pretty indecisive currently :???: I guess I can boost one of the other D hatch's once Chris's (mymemryloss) turbo junk gets shipped my way and start that build thread too.... Then I have that 90 Civic wagon to think about as well :?::?::?:

So yeah.... I guess that's it. Kinda a boring Saturday :what:

mitchwbr

hmmm which hatch to drive today?? lol thats awesome man in for more when you do the swap!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dang im famous!!!

Ill get that quote for u one of these days lol. Im a slacker...

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
LOL.. The one with the red rims is actually painted "pepsi white". Guy had it for sale "as is, not running, needs an engine" for $800. Came with $700, signed the title, changed the battery and drove it home. Cant even count how many times i've done that up here.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LOL.. The one with the red rims is actually painted "pepsi white". Guy had it for sale "as is, not running, needs an engine" for $800. Came with $700, signed the title, changed the battery and drove it home. Cant even count how many times i've done that up here.
Sure wish it was that easy around here...

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
It's unreal. They sell for crazy amounts but people just don't know how to work on them. And by work, I mean "Gee it doesn't start. Guess it's got a bad motor"... I mean WTH???! So.. Buy low, sell high. For example, I got this guy who wants me to build his CRX when I have time but I know he's moving in the next couple months so I think i'll just keep telling him i'm busy and then wait for him to just sell the whole car to me. Is that wrong? It's in AWESOME shape but the dummy has $3k invested in a freakn' port and polished mini-me that doesn't look like things are even matched correctly and I know parts are still missing (motor is 100% torn down). He said he would sell it the other day for $1800 but I think I can get it under $1000 when he's days from leaving town. Hopefully I can get just the shell for around $500 and then swap in something and sell it for $5k.... We'll see I guess. The point is though I have no competition. There's guy's buying Civic's, but it's not like where you guys are in the 48 and people will cross states for a clean Civic "X" model. I think it has a lot to do with the weather and any place with a garage is $2k+ a month in rent. I'm fortunate that I have one so I can keep buying and selling through the 7 months of winter.

But then... Is that fortunate?? I live in a freakn' ice cube :(

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That guy was like "needs an engine".

Then when you put the battery in he was all like.

Nice collection though. Keep it up.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
LOL.. His craigs add title said exactly this. "Handa civec car 2 doors" I wasn't expecting too much but when I pulled up I was like one of the soccer commentators on TV. GOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! hahah I told him I was going to tow it away but wanted to try a new battery first. I remember him saying something to the effect he hopes it's not just the battery. But he was cool about it. He was just happy to have one last thing to worry about before he moved to California. I should have taken a pic of it. It had 2 feet of snow on it and hadn't moved in 7 or 8 months when he said "the motor blew".