BRAKE suggestions

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looking for some suggestions on a good brake upgrade without spending a stupid amount of money. right now im leaning towards brembo blanks and hawk or ebc pads with some goodridge ss braided lines (already have). if you know of anywhere that has good prices on these let me know!

ryanM

i went with brembo blanks, and AEM/Nissin pads. i love it :thumbs up

now i just wish i had some SS lines.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stealthy said:
looking for some suggestions on a good brake upgrade without spending a stupid amount of money. right now im leaning towards brembo blanks and hawk or ebc pads with some goodridge ss braided lines (already have). if you know of anywhere that has good prices on these let me know!
*:scurred: laying in the lurks waiting for an answer :scurred: *

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
i went with brembo blanks, and AEM/Nissin pads. i love it :thumbs up

now i just wish i had some SS lines.
cool.....websites? =)
j_fukin_t said:
*:scurred: laying in the lurks waiting for an answer :scurred: *
lol

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
importrp.com sells brembo blanks. not sure on prices for integras but 60ish for both fronts for my civic.
and im sure the site also sells lines and pads too.

and there are a couple pads i was thinking about and STILL havent decided and its been like almost a year. i narrowed it down to hawk hps or ebc green stuff.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my buddy runs brembo drilled/slotted W/ EBC Green Stuff pads... his brakes rock the s**t! :D

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think ive decided on brembo blanks and ebc pads. i decided against hawk bc they are dusty from what ive been reading, although a bit more aggressive than ebc. im not racing this car or doing anything extreme as far as braking so i think this setup will do me just fine for a total of $280 since i already have ss braided lines. also, some people complain about the hawks sqeeking from time to time bc of the more metallic compound.

oh, importrp for brembo blanks (144.59 shipped)
and summitracing for ebc greenstuff pads (136.80)
thats for my gsr, civics may be cheaper, not sure. and those are the best prices ive found, hope that helps

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ah u have 4 wheel disk brakes dont u. i was wondering why 144.59 shipped. (if u dont have 4-wheel, then im just baffled).

for me civic, brembo blanks (2 front) and a pair of hawk hps pads rusn like $120ish shipped.

but yeah i heard the same about hawk hps but other ppl have said the dont squeek. hence why they're still at the top of my list with ebc's.
---
and that reminds me... i really wanna do a 4 wheel disk conversion on my ex. im a fan of starting fast and then having to brake suddenly. and lately its been worse since i started my full time summer job (8am-4pm) and i get out of work just before rush hour traffic and im tryin to haul ass before cars start poppin out.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn that much for just brakes, i'm gonna go buy some bendix pads and some bendix rotors and call it a day, its not like the civic brakes are bad, hell they are shot to s**t right now and it still stops good lol

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i have 4wheel disk......im not sure what pads are on my car now, but they are dusty as hell and i cant keep my wheels clean which i hate so that definatly puts out hawks for me, and the extra bite just doesnt justify it personally

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i'm needing new brakes as well... the whole deal.. pads, calipers, rotors and lines... though i'm not sure about what to get... lots of ppl running the brembo blanks + ebc it seems....

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Brembo Blanks + Green Stuff Organics + Stainless Lines + EM Racing Master Cylinder Brace = The Muthfuckin Win

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
how much did that setup run u jason?
how about some caliper recommendations?

oh, and websites that carry them for cheap?

thanks mate

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've had my brembo blanks with akebono pads for over a year now and love it :D Nothing fancy for me and it stops like a mofo

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EM Racing Cylinder Brace = http://emracing.com/products2.html - $107.99
EBC Green Stuff Pads = http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=EBC-DP2812-2&N=4294907813+4294907812+4294924667+4294906227+115&autoview=sku - $62.95
Brembo Blanks - http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/performance/basket.php?brandid=1192&partid=78&makeid=1&modelid=1&year=1999 - $32.95 each
Stainless Lines - $50 from a local brake shop.

I'm not running this setup, but when I decide to upgrade mine, it's what I plan on using. I've heard very good things about all these products through word of mouth, forums, and various research I've done.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i'm in the same town as tirerack.com .... and they only have ONE brembo blank in stock... and shipments don'tcome in til late july... guess i'll be ordering that online... i'm picking up pads from them in person though...

anyone have any caliper recommendations? or should i just get some replacements from napa?

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd either get some OEM Honda or Napa replacements. The only other thing I can think of is Nissan Spoon calipers .... but f**k that price tag.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
yeah i'm gonna end up getting some oem replacement calipers.. $75 each... ouch...

i can get the brembo blanks and ebc greens for $137 shipped... though i'm still a bit iffy about the company (autopartswarehouse.com)... hope all is well with them.. gonna order tomorrow...

no one's been able to help me with my axles, so i'm just gonna see what honda has to offer

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
anfrey - what about upgrading to integra calipers? thought those fit as well. im sure a junk yard or honda-tech would have a whole set lying around

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
that's not a bad idea, i'll look into it... though i think the knuckle itself may have to be changed... not sure... i'll have to take a look =) thanks for the idea tho