Broken tranny motor mount!

AR203

I got a 93 eg mostly stock
It was in a accident , the upper motor mount for the tranny remained in tact as well as the bracket between the mount and tranny. but the bracket ripped through the tranny casing so the mount is no longer attached to the tranny

Only the lower mount is holding that side but is under heavy stress and it's letting the axle rub because this side is lower without mount being connected

Any advice ? Or anybody know how to make the lower mount complete solid so it raises up that side a few inches , that's all I need . I replaced it when it was broken but the new one is about to go to

Just until I get a new tranny

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First of all, this is posted in the wrong section as this has absolutely nothing to do with exterior, detailing, or bodywork. Hopefully, a moderator will move into the correct section.

Secondly, if I understand you correctly you intend to rig a motor mount to momentarily hold up a damaged tranny until you get another tranny. If thats the case, then I dont understand why you dont just get the new tranny mount now since you'll need it for the other tranny anyways. If you insist on riggin one mount then the best way to do so is to remove it and fill it with WindoWeld (polyurethane). Thatll stiffen it up quite a bit but it wont guarantee to successfully support the tranny on its one. If you go the route of the WindoWeld, then keep in mind once you install a new tranny you can still use the poly-filled mount, only drill 3 holes where the original mount gaps where to allow for a less stiff feel.

Pictures would make it easier to understand your issues.