Bulb Questions

buddycivicex

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does anyone know the # for the front turn signal bulbs? also, the back up bulbs too? Thanks.

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The front turnies are 1157 (12v/5w) with the double filament. The backup lights are the 12v/21w large wedge type (?). You can take them out and shop for the right size just to make sure you got the right ones.

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you are wanting to get silver ones that glow amber....get some rustolium paint at a local hardware store and paint them...it costs 5 bucks...and you can do them on all your cars...it works great..I did it!
www.geocities.com/sickofme18/AlmostCool.html to check it out!

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wouldn't it be easier just to get amber ones?

But your idea is good for interior purposes, definitely!

buddycivicex

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, I wanted to get green bulbs that's why i wanted to know the #'s. Thank-you.

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
greeeeeeeeeen poo poo

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Green bulbs for the backup lights? I've not seen that yet ... but I'd watch out for the popos ...

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I used them for my exterior amber bulbs...and it works perfectly! They don't shine quite as bright....but still...it beats buying a bunch of bulbs...save your pocket book some. Green reverse lights...yeah cops wouldn't like that...I think they wouldn't mind blue =)
-David

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "99ExCoupe"

I used them for my exterior amber bulbs...and it works perfectly! They don't shine quite as bright....but still...it beats buying a bunch of bulbs...save your pocket book some. Green reverse lights...yeah cops wouldn't like that...I think they wouldn't mind blue =)
-David
they would MIND blue worse man. the kid cross the road from me has green in his piece of s**t mazda's reverse lights and i dont believe he's got in trouble yet. but f**k that... i'm stickin with white, cuz the less things on my car i have to worry bout getting in trouble for, the BETTER! just my opinion talkin. =)

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah what's worse, 5 dollars for a green/blue bulb, or a ticket for having them..... save your 5 bucks.. and get some gas.....

but if you really want em, get em.... just my opinion....

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes...thats a good point....with the blue bulbs...I just say spray your blubs (turn signals) its looks cool and is cheap!

hPeOaTd_ex03

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have blue reverse lights but i havent gotten any trouble.....only from piaa turn signals....he said they looked blue to him...whatever

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i got pulled over in my 95 hatch because of blue lights.... the cop just walked around my car and picked out everything illegal about it... i had to get it certified again.. it cost me mega $$$... blue bulbs are just not worth the hassle.....

deval

Sprint/Nextel Geek
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "position..eh"

i got pulled over in my 95 hatch because of blue lights.... the cop just walked around my car and picked out everything illegal about it... i had to get it certified again.. it cost me mega $$$... blue bulbs are just not worth the hassle.....
really...i have NOKYA H4s and hyper-white turn signals, and i have never been pulled over for those...only my stupid ass made a left turn on a red light without thinking...but thats about it...

on a site note...anyone try LEDs for their tail lights? i have carbon fiber altezza lights, and i heard LEDs will look HOT!

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "deval"

position..eh said:
really...i have NOKYA H4s and hyper-white turn signals, and i have never been pulled over for those...only my stupid ass made a left turn on a red light without thinking...but thats about it...

on a site note...anyone try LEDs for their tail lights? i have carbon fiber altezza lights, and i heard LEDs will look HOT!
hey, if you want blue bulbs, thats fine with me, but all im saying is sure they look cool, but for me, i wont put them back on, its not worth that hassle again...

deval

Sprint/Nextel Geek
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ur right though...but over here in NJ...i havent been pulled over for them...i have gotten a ticket for something else, but the cops didnt say anything about the lights....

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well you're in NJ. try living here in cali. cops will jump on you in a heartbeat

98civichx

SILVER EJ7
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive got the original clears in my civic and have red bulbs no probs from the cops here, or hi pos. the back up bulbs should be 7440 or 7443 those are the wedge numbers. i know the brake lights are 7440'2 and the back turns are 7443's. have amber turns and red brake look badass at night, the brakes are blood red no fading yet had them over 8 months. bulbs are neon coated red. :roll:

UnitZero

First Child
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
since we're on the bulbs subject, anyone know where I can get 00 SI fog lights and turn signal bulbs that are the same yellow as the lexus foglights. Want them to match my headlights.

deval

Sprint/Nextel Geek
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just ordered mine from www.handaaccessories.com they sell all OEM stuff pretty cheap...and then just get yellow H3 bulbs