camber kit question ****help****

dannej6

so a few months ago i got my civic aligned with my new caber kit by les schwab..the guy said that my front camber kit is all the way out already....

my question is that....does this mean i can't go any lower without close to even tire wear???
or can i just tell them to adjust my "toe" so that the wear is not to bad???

thanks guys hope i get my answer..

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What camber kit do you have? How low are you?

They should have adjusted the toe when they adjusted your camber.

dannej6

What camber kit do you have? How low are you?

They should have adjusted the toe when they adjusted your camber.

they did adjust my toe but i wanna go even lower than i am now but my front camber kit is already fully extended....i have blox camber kit all around

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
they did adjust my toe but i wanna go even lower than i am now but my front camber kit is already fully extended....i have blox camber kit all around
:roll:

When you go too low you're eventually going to reach a point at which you just can't get any more positive camber out, regardless of the camber kit(unless you build some custom UCA's but then you run into other issues). If you want to run that low, suck it up and deal with buying tires every year (or less..). Otherwise, stop trying to impress people who ultimately don't care anyways and raise your car up to a reasonable height...

meek61480

98 civic hb b16a
well if they said it was maxed out....usually for a honda there is 2 different styles of adjustment kits, you probably have the lower one. if you get the one with 3+ degress of measurment you could go lower with no tire wear....adjusting the tow wont change what the camber does, both of those cause uneven tire wear. i would get the spc 62010 for the front and the 67030 for the rear....my 2 cents

meek61480

98 civic hb b16a
so a few months ago i got my civic aligned with my new caber kit by les schwab..the guy said that my front camber kit is all the way out already....

my question is that....does this mean i can't go any lower without close to even tire wear???
or can i just tell them to adjust my "toe" so that the wear is not to bad???

thanks guys hope i get my answer..
my guess is that they did adjust the toe already.....i always do anyway

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Otherwise, stop trying to impress people who ultimately don't care anyways and raise your car up to a reasonable height...
Ahhh you gotta love the purists lol..

Anyways, old thread OP but yeah there comes a point where you cant adjust the toe enough. They have kits for the rear that allow you to adjust the toe even more but im not sure how much those run.
How low are you?? Im tucking about 1/2" all around and my toe is still within spec. Camber is way off but idgaf about that.

ek forever guy

Registered VIP
I had 3* of camber all the time I was in high school. I never had "uneven wear."

But I also diligently rotated my tires too. So that is something else to keep in mind.