Camshaft Bolts Torque Specs? 2003 civic ex

bluedoggy1

I am wondering if anyone has the torque specs for the bolts attached to the camshaft assembly, under the valve cover as shown in the picture. I found this picture with some specs but it doesn't say for what year civic so am wondering if anyone has info as to the validity of these specs or can provide them. Thanks. D17A2 engine. Also I installed the camshaft plug/cap with the horizontal lines not horizontal, what can go wrong? :(

Tighten each bolt two turns at a time in the sequence shown
-8 mm bolts: 20 Nm (14 ft. lbs.) apply engine oil to the threads.
-6 mm bolts: 12 Nm (8.7 ft. lbs.) apply engine oil to the threads.
Note: 6 mm bolts are identified by the numbers (11), (12), (13), (14).

Last edited:

Charles Martens

QUOTE="bluedoggy1, post: 3411137, member: 134522"]I am wondering if anyone has the torque specs for the bolts attached to the camshaft assembly, under the valve cover as shown in the picture. I found this picture with some specs but it doesn't say for what year civic so am wondering if anyone has info as to the validity of these specs or can provide them. Thanks. D17A2 engine. Also I installed the camshaft plug/cap with the horizontal lines not horizontal, what can go wrong? :(

Note: 6 mm bolts are identified by the numbers (11), (12), (13), (14).[/QUOTE]
I am wondering if anyone has the torque specs for the bolts attached to the camshaft assembly, under the valve cover as shown in the picture. I found this picture with some specs but it doesn't say for what year civic so am wondering if anyone has info as to the validity of these specs or can provide them. Thanks. D17A2 engine. Also I installed the camshaft plug/cap with the horizontal lines not horizontal, what can go wrong? :(

The picture u have here correct for the year ur asking about. I have access to AllDataPro one of the gods to online repair manuals. Use if at work everyday. Any car/truck/SUV any make or model.most years

Charles Martens

QUOTE="bluedoggy1, post: 3411137, member: 134522"]I am wondering if anyone has the torque specs for the bolts attached to the camshaft assembly, under the valve cover as shown in the picture. I found this picture with some specs but it doesn't say for what year civic so am wondering if anyone has info as to the validity of these specs or can provide them. Thanks. D17A2 engine. Also I installed the camshaft plug/cap with the horizontal lines not horizontal, what can go wrong? :(

The picture u have here correct for the year ur asking about. I have access to AllDataPro one of the gods to online repair manuals. Use if at work everyday. Any car/truck/SUV any make or model.most years[/QUOTE]
IDK what could go wrong if the lines on the plug are vertical but I've only ever saw them horizontal. Possibly need to be horizontal in order for correct fitment between cylinder head and valve cover.