Can i bypass my Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)?????

B18cbubble

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Can i bypass my Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)?????

my TPS is bad. i have a new one already. should i just bypass, if possible, or should i install the new. How??

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No, you need that there so your ECU knows how much fuel to give your motor. They are held on with bolts that dont have any sort of head on them, so what you do, is take a hacksaw or dremel tool and cut a slit in the top of the 2 bolts holding the sensor on, then use a flat head screw driver to take them out. When you put a new sensor on, you will have to calibrate it using a volt/multimeter.

B18cbubble

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No, you need that there so your ECU knows how much fuel to give your motor. They are held on with bolts that dont have any sort of head on them, so what you do, is take a hacksaw or dremel tool and cut a slit in the top of the 2 bolts holding the sensor on, then use a flat head screw driver to take them out. When you put a new sensor on, you will have to calibrate it using a volt/multimeter.
got it thanks. i was wondering how to get those headless screws off. then put the new on and use a voltmeter to sync it to .5 volts with no throttle.

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i drove around with no tps for a long time and the CEL was on but it ran fine, your ecu will just run off the MAP sensor, but if you have the part why not replace it

m1tanker

COMBAT VETERAN
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanx i was wonderin how to get those headless screws off of there.....why did they do that?

ThrottlebotEM1

5+ Year Member
so people like us dont f**k with it and get scared and go to the dealer.... that and they prolly didnt want you to just buy the sensor they want you to buy the whole throttle body :lol: how else do dealers make money! lol

rickles8099

Faster than you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanx i was wonderin how to get those headless screws off of there.....why did they do that?
with a grinder. grind off the top of the bolts or just cut a slit in the bolts and use a screwdriver to take them out.

they did that so that people cannot buy just a tps. they have to buy the tps and throttle body and honda makes more money then.

mike@synapse

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
honda only sells the TPS with the throttle body together you cant get them seperate. omnipower makes aftermarket tps sensors though. it sucks for the typical honda owner if they have to get it replaced though, cuz most non performance shops dont know or care to get the omni poewr. luckily these parts dont go bad often.

B18cbubble

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah i got the TPS figured out now!! thanks for the help. i ended up buying one off ebay for $30 and works great.