Can I rent a honda in Europe?

99CivicSiBrian

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Good day!
I'm planning a bit of a road trip through western Europe this summer (2010). Any way I can rent a Honda instead of a VW or some other car? Anything I should be aware of?
Brian

mahalo

formerly egninesallday
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
probably look up the website for the airport your landing at they might have a list of cars or call them that would probably be better

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if youre in Europe, what the hell would it matter what car you are driving? Thats the last thing I'd be worried about.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Visit some websites and make some calls or write some emails. You're only going to be sure if you start asking about inventory and i they can get you certain cars.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if youre in Europe, what the hell would it matter what car you are driving? Thats the last thing I'd be worried about.
:word:

unless you're going to the Ring and even so WTF you want w/a Honda?

I'd be happy driving anything that ws diff than what they have here otherwise.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
There are plenty of Honda models sold in Europe that weren't sold in Europe, but I'm not so sure many or any of those would be available for rent.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My point WAS anything different would get me just as excited......

But like Tony said, you're in Europe who gives a s**t?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My point WAS anything different would get me just as excited......

But like Tony said, you're in Europe who gives a s**t?
And MY point to the OP was that any different Honda model that's not sold in the US is unlikely to be able to be rented. He'd probably be looking at something around a base model Fit or Civic in the event he found a place that rented Hondas.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
And MY point to the OP was that any different Honda model that's not sold in the US is unlikely to be able to be rented. He'd probably be looking at something around a base model Fit or Civic in the event he found a place that rented Hondas.
even a euro Civic IS different than USDM for the most part, and why wouldn't he be allowed to rent something not sold in the US?

I've never heard of that.....

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
even a euro Civic IS different than USDM for the most part, and why wouldn't he be allowed to rent something not sold in the US?

I've never heard of that.....
You misunderstood my post.

It's not that he's NOT ALLOWED, it's that he'd only be able to rent the cars made available by the company.

Not all companies will be renting out all models in a car maker's line-up.

So he might be able to find Fits and Civics (the models most renters might be interested in and able to afford), but not a TL or NSX.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I see I thought that was just common knowledge

99CivicSiBrian

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:word:

unless you're going to the Ring and even so WTF you want w/a Honda?

I'd be happy driving anything that ws diff than what they have here otherwise.
Agreed. And I am thrilled to be going to Europe-
but I'm 6'4, and I can't just jump in any car and drive it 2000 miles. Hell I can't even drive an Integra comfortably.
The price is like 25% lower if you rent from home before you arrive at the rental company office, so I have to pick the car from home without 'testfitting' it. . . unless one of you guys is 6'4ish and can vouch for the size of a car.
Also, I'd like the predictability of a Honda and if getting one of the hatches was possible I'd love to do it.

As of right now, I'm looking at getting a VW Golf TDi because we have the Golf here and I can test fit it.
B