Can lowering cause damage?

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
Not damage as in like scraping your exhaust,lip, side skirts and etc. Can lowering your car really low cause damage to the frame and shock towers and anything? I want to run slammed to the point that sparks ALMOST fly but I don't want to seriously damage the car.

This is probably a stupid question...

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes. my tie rods are bent down and my control arms are through my strut towers from slamming on them. riding dumped = damage

Decipher

Registered VIP
I've always wondered if lowering the car introduces any kind of strain to the axles... I don't understand the mechanics enough to even know if it's a legitimate notion.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
and my control arms are through my strut towers from slamming
so your shock/strut towers have holes in them? Any pictures? Wouldn't this compromise your cars strength? I want to run slammed but don't want to make my car unsafe and cause unnecessary damage.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
I looked on your fb Greg. The up close of strut tower in the bay progress thread where it's just poking through is it still like that or worse? I could live with that if it didn't cause any integrity issues.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its gotten worse, but runs fine. handles great too

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
alot of it is the roads you travel on, Id slam my s*** to the ground but memphis/west memphis has terrible "roads" which I dont understand it doesnt get terribly cold in the winter to tear s*** up. Guess not enough money to maintain them since its all stolen and all the embezzlment

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, pa roads are no good. my car sees hangtime daily

StylnDecals.com

Lowering you car to a slammed position really can cause alot of damage to all of the suspension parts. Mechanics say that since your stock suspension is made to fit stock height, anything you do to lower the car even a 1/2" is putting strain on the other parts of the suspension like the tie rods, control arms and such because they are designed to perform a certain way.
I actually had a IS300 slammed to the ground on cheap springs and i went through tires every 3 months because the camber was so bad, outer tie rods because the springs didnt hold up to good and other problems as well.

Point of my story- GET GOOD NAME BRAND SUSPENSION parts

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You went through tires due to your toe in your alignment.

yes going cheap is bad