Canadian Trim differences: 96-00 Civic

Hondaman4ever

Do any of the 6th gen Civic coupes -other than the Si- come with options like power windows and mirrors and cruise control or is the Si the only model that has these options?

Also, do Coupes have better MPG than Sedans ? I know Si and Ex give the least MPG but I'm talking about the other trims.

Any differences -other than the obvious- between the 2-dr and 4-dr civics, and do Coupes have folding back seats?

Thank you.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yes, ex has everything a si has, except the dohc motor, the ex comes with a sohc vtec motor, hx coupes are the best in mpg i believe they have the vtec-e , lx prob gets a little better than a ex, but its all relative, its all so close it really doesnt matter.

and yes, seats fold in a coupe.

oh wait your in canada, your si is our ex, some other models may have power options, it really all depends on who bought the car originally and how much they wanted to spend.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hondaman4ever

Thanks for the reply, Redline. Yeah, here the EX model is the top of the line sedan. Anyway, the reason I'm asking is because if there's one thing I don't like about the 4-dr Civics is that they -with the exception of the EX- come stripped down -no power windows, mirrors, or cruise control, which really sucks, and I was just wondering if the Coupes are better equipped. I could get an EX but MPG is an important thing for me since gas prices here are a rip-off.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You should research the trim packages in Canada since they arent the same in the US. I believe here most Civics had power windows while the DX & LX had it optional.

As for fuel consumption, the automatic sedans should get roughly 28-32 miles per gallon depending on the trim. Coupes & hatches could get 2-6 MPG more. A manual tranny will potentially improve that depending on your driving habits.