Can't decide which to get?!?!?!?!?! HELP

91SiVTEC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have no car now....im deciding weather to buy a 90 CRX si with a 94 GSR motor and JDM B16 head and tranny on it. Pulls REALLY hard i drove it, and then the owner took me for a spin. The bodys alrite no problem, but the only thing is, the JDM b16 tranny is really for accleration its nice but, like just daily driving it on the highway at like 60mph the tach is @ like 3'500rpm.......so it kinda waste gas and it only has a 8gal tank on it........and it has a short shifter and a 6puck clutch and its really weird, after you put the car in any gear the shifter acts like its still in neutral!!! i guess it needs a new bushing, and it has a JDM B16 Ecu i think...and everything was DIY...thats about it....hes askin 3,800.....i'll give him 3,500 cash.......

---------- OR------

just buying this 89 civic DX hatch which is completly stock no mods done to is with 226,726miles on it for $999.........and i could swap that and put money into that

all i really have is $3,700 that it till i get paid.....i don't know if the crx would be dependable with the gsr all DIY out and everything.......what do you guys think?!

91SiVTEC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oh yea and it has dual exhust, its looks arite, it dosn't stick out and its primered, and it has no CAT, its a lil raspy but not as much as i was expecting....so.....yea

i don't know out of the 3 civics that i had and sold i never had a swap...this is a hell of a swap!!!... you only live once right?!

91SiVTEC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oh and the fan dosn't switch on when the engine gets hot....so he wired it ta the lights, so wheneever the lights are on the fan is too, and inside the car the swith for the air is stuck on hot.....

91SiVTEC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks guys you deffently convinced me....im gettin the CRX! lol

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
91SiVTEC said:
oh and the fan dosn't switch on when the engine gets hot....so he wired it ta the lights, so wheneever the lights are on the fan is too, and inside the car the swith for the air is stuck on hot.....
get a spoon fan switch... that might fix the fan problem.
go under the dash and "help" the heater door closed.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My b16 tranny is geared real short, it's at like 4-4.5K rpm when I drive from Seattle, WA to Eugene, OR a couple times every month or so, 300 miles one way. It takes a bit to get used too, but I still get 350 miles to a tank (around 30mpg) so gas milage is not really a problem, even though it's geared short

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b16s are gonna be short. if its too short just get a gsr. i like my gsr trans way better than my b16 i had in my other car

91SiVTEC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sohclubkid said:
get a spoon fan switch... that might fix the fan problem.
go under the dash and "help" the heater door closed.
a 'Spoon' fan switch....i don't think i can afford that! ..ok i'll check into that...thanks

91SiVTEC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Going-West said:
My b16 tranny is geared real short, it's at like 4-4.5K rpm when I drive from Seattle, WA to Eugene, OR a couple times every month or so, 300 miles one way. It takes a bit to get used too, but I still get 350 miles to a tank (around 30mpg) so gas milage is not really a problem, even though it's geared short
yea will deffently have ta get used ta that..
and yea probly a GSR trans would get better gas mileage.....but it accelerates like a MOFO!
we'll see how it gose thanks for the info!

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
91SiVTEC said:
yea will deffently have ta get used ta that..
and yea probly a GSR trans would get better gas mileage.....but it accelerates like a MOFO!
we'll see how it gose thanks for the info!
3 shifts > 4 shifts in the 1/4

gsr ftw

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh jeez 3500rpm....

Thats not a big deal for fuel mileage dude.

91SiVTEC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Son Of A Bithch!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD DAMNT! i have had the CRX for baley a week! only 6 days...and this is what happend last night....
i was going to about to enter the highway...and i was sitting at the stop light right before the entrance waiting, and i didn't see any cops and i decide ta take off, so the light turned green and i did take off.. went through 1st, then 2nd, and then 3rd, and right when i was still on the last part of the on ramp....the car stopped acclerating! and it sounded like something was scraping the ground... i tried to switch gears and nothing no transmission!!! so luckily right where theres entrance, there is a exit...and i coasted off and all the way off the highway and coasted on the the street and parked on the side.....grabed a flashlight, got out of my car and looked under.....i thought the shift linkage fel out.....nope.....then i looked in front.....THE f**king MOTOR FELL OUT! i poped the hood....and yup! the driver side motor mount f**king broke!!!!! what kinda s**t is that.....?!?!?!?!?! so the motor was f**king leaning to a side....i gave this guy all the money i had for this goddamn car.....i thaought it was a good car...so i had ta walk like 2 miles home........i better get my damn money back from this guy, for this P.O.S. i have absouly no money to tow this car anywhere...or to fix it......even if its fixed i don't want it anymore....

91SiVTEC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Green 91 said:
what part broke? PICS FTW
the drivers side motor mount .....broke from the bottom part of the motor mount more where its connecd to the engine...it like broke off where it is connected to the motor............how the hell dose that happen??? did he use the stock one and weld it or soemthing?!?!!? wtf...........i just want my damn money back

wmertz

~multi-colored beast~
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
91SiVTEC said:
the drivers side motor mount .....broke from the bottom part of the motor mount more where its connecd to the engine...it like broke off where it is connected to the motor............how the hell dose that happen??? did he use the stock one and weld it or soemthing?!?!!? wtf...........i just want my damn money back
just ask him kindly to repair the damages.. dont tell him you were beatin on it.. just be like i was drivin down the block and it happened.

91SiVTEC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wmertz said:
just ask him kindly to repair the damages.. dont tell him you were beatin on it.. just be like i was drivin down the block and it happened.
...mmm no. when i went for a test drive...i could kinda drive it, but it was kinda hard for me cuz it has a short shifter and 6 puck clutch and its kinda hard to get into gear and the shifter is wobbly........so then the owner took me for a ride....we acctully did the same thing......he went to the on ramp of the highway and completly stopped...and then took off like a MOFO....that s**t really pulled!! 0-60mph.....maybe 6.7 sec?! i dunno but it flew...and he just got up to like 100mph...and thas it........i mean i only got up to like 65mph...and that s**t ^happend^ ......sooooo i just want my money back...i don't want that car anymore....

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hope it didnt snap the bolts that hold it to teh engine(motor moutn bracket bracket) hope it didnt brake part of the engine

91SiVTEC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Green 91 said:
hope it didnt snap the bolts that hold it to teh engine(motor moutn bracket bracket) hope it didnt brake part of the engine
i think it did....but it was night i could't really see.........you think he'll give me my money bacK?