Can't find somewhere to install my parts ...

Tawine

Someone I know is now unable to install the parts for me. So I'm looking for professional places to do it (even though it'll cost). I own a 99 Civic LX & still has a D16Y7 engine. Here are the parts:

Edelbrock Intake Manifold
AEM V2 Cold Air Intake
Powerstop Front Brake Discs (I want to change my brake drum rears to disks also)
Yellow Fog-lights

Eibach Sportline Springs & Pro Dampers & Anti-Roll Bar

After I finish that, I need to get a Y8 head & get it installed, plus a sportier exhaust. Not a fart can though since my cars not going to go that much faster. Advice?

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow you can actually install those parts (besides the disc brakes) with complete ease IMO i wouldnt take it to anyone for something so simple

Tawine

Wow you can actually install those parts (besides the disc brakes) with complete ease IMO i wouldnt take it to anyone for something so simple
I heard they were easy to do, I guess I'll just look for tutorials on youtube and on here. I don't have tools though ... can I rent it somewhere?

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
buy em' from an auto parts place they cant be that expensive most you'll need is a size 10 wrench maybe some pliers but its relatively easy dood just do it your self trust!!! you'll feel proud of your self after your done.

Tawine

buy em' from an auto parts place they cant be that expensive most you'll need is a size 10 wrench maybe some pliers but its relatively easy dood just do it your self trust!!! you'll feel proud of your self after your done.
I'm sure I will. I think I'll go to auto zone or advance auto parts, if I tell them what I'm doing they should tell me what tools I need. Can't wait. I know I won't gain much HP at all but at least I'll learn something.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If u were you I attempt to do it. There are plenty or how-to's online. I was afraid my first time too. I'd leave the manifold swap and intake install till you get the y8 head though. You'll just be doing everything twice, and it'd be much easier with the head off. But it's up to you. The tools you'll need CAN be expensive for good ones but if you don't mind rust, breaking, or buying new ones later the cheapest ones will do the job.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
disc brakes might be the easiest thing on that list

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For once, the Intake is the hardest. Cause you have to do the head swap and manifold first =)

Tawine

If u were you I attempt to do it. There are plenty or how-to's online. I was afraid my first time too. I'd leave the manifold swap and intake install till you get the y8 head though. You'll just be doing everything twice, and it'd be much easier with the head off. But it's up to you. The tools you'll need CAN be expensive for good ones but if you don't mind rust, breaking, or buying new ones later the cheapest ones will do the job.
Ok I'll get the Y8 Head first, but I googled it and can't find it. Cause I don't need a brand new one just one in very good condition. The junkyards I went to had ones in terrible condition. I'm looking to see if I can find a site that sells it.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=honda+y8+head <-- Not sure which one comes with everything & if they have low mileage.

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
2slow lies, I cant imagine you ever being scared of mods after reading all ur build info and like 4 diferent front bumpers. I feel like you will have a fully bodykit/wheels for every day of the week by the time you finally get done with ur civic. Though I can't imagine you with anything different.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha I was a lucky chicken. I dropped out the nest and flew while others became what we know today as KFC/Popeyes/Churches/Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles..etc