Can't go in any gear when cold

jeders

Guamster : ]
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just replaced the clutch master, clutch line, and clutch slave.

When the engine is cold, it takes at least 10-20mins to finally get into gear. ANY gear, when it finally does its still a b***h shifting cuz its real rough. After driving 20+ mins, the shifting and everything is normal.

My clutch, bearings, pressure plate, etc are all new as well.

I'm also trying synchromesh / honda MTF right now. hope that fixes the problem. If not, anyone have suggestions?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was going to say if it's a cable tranmission you may want to check your cable but judging by your avatar, I'm assuming you have a hydraulic transmission? Did you bleed the system and get ALL of the air out? Is the MC adjusted properly?

gugiey

Registered VIP
Just replaced the clutch master, clutch line, and clutch slave.

When the engine is cold, it takes at least 10-20mins to finally get into gear. ANY gear, when it finally does its still a b***h shifting cuz its real rough. After driving 20+ mins, the shifting and everything is normal.

My clutch, bearings, pressure plate, etc are all new as well.

I'm also trying synchromesh / honda MTF right now. hope that fixes the problem. If not, anyone have suggestions?
what are your rpms at when its idling

I have just noticed this on my civic but i can like force it in gear and it goes .

JCCLARK

The Painter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Bleeding on a Civic is usually the problem.
Most Civics have a clutch line that goes uphill on
the firewall and if you only bleed it a little the air bubble will just travel
back to there when you stop.
You have to bleed it a lot to get all the air out.:cool:

jeders

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sorry, its an obd-1 B16A. yea, it was bled good. it was working fine after we changed it. just recently this started happening. i'll try bleeding again and let y'all know. thanks!

jeders

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn, i tried bleeding the clutch again with a friend. now it can't go in any gear even when the car is warmed up. ugh, gotta take it to my shop again. i hope its just a bearing problem or nothing too serious.

jeders

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
friends and myself had finally dropped my trans. half of the pressure plate bolts were loose! idk how or why lol but its all good now. dayum!

VigLink badge