Canyon driving in a Ej1?

V-lot.Ej1

Iv decided that drag racing is not for me. I could care less how fast a car can gun in a straight line.
So I want to take my ride to te canyons.
Many people will say that you should take RWD but I'm not trying to drift just tryin to go in and come out of difficult corners at high speeds.
What are some good enhancements I can add to my civic to take it to the canyons?
I want either progress lowerig springs or tein s tech.
Bit when it comes to chamber kits or whatever else I'm clueless.
I'm not gunna turbo I want it all N/A

What do you guys think

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Downhill is the name of the game, f**k uphill. Realize thsi driving IS dangerous people DO crash. I how ever do this my self.
Get matched srping and shock combo, upgrade to nice full disks if you dont have them, front/rear sway bars, full poly bushing, full strut bars, sub frame braces and of course some nice thick and wide tires. Do this and you will take corners much faster then you can now. Realize this will be expensive.

V-lot.Ej1

Alright thanks dude I'm still new to this game so bare with me bro haha.
What do you mean by matching shocks and springs?
What are fully poly bushings ?
And what size tire do you recommend?

Ps what are good cheap brands for all of these

upnsmoke

Go to Farnorthracing.com and click on books. On the left side of the page you will see titles for the various pages-tires, shocks, corner weights, etc. Read it all, every page word for word. Then go to an autocross. If you really like driving in the corners you will instantly be addicted. You will go to more than one and you will learn how to drive. Then work on your car when you know what you as a driver prefer and what your car needs. If after that you are still into it, read the book "How To Make Your Car Handle" byFred Puhn. Wont make you an expert, but it is a great start to knowing what you need to. Make a scientific approach to this thing and I guarantee you will be far more happy with the results than someone who just throws a mess of parts at their suspension and tries to drive fast without the necessary knowledge and practice. Good luck and be careful out there.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:roll:

Go to some autoxes or road course HPDEs, then I'll give you some tips on setup..

upnsmoke

Civexspeedy, I see you are here in Md. I will be going to some events soon myself. I'm sure you could help me as well. Looks by your sig that you are at a lot of events, maybe we will cross paths at some point.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Civexspeedy, I see you are here in Md. I will be going to some events soon myself. I'm sure you could help me as well. Looks by your sig that you are at a lot of events, maybe we will cross paths at some point.
Awesome, always good to see new faces out. I run with pretty much every club in the region and do an event almost every weekend. I'm instructing for the Corvette Club this weekend in Columbia. Always something going on.. If you see me at an event, come up and say hi.

upnsmoke

Cool, will do. When I finally get a car put together I will be out. My Mustang has seen its last autocross, need to save the tires to get it through inspection and sold. I think I will at least be able to convince my pop to let me drive his Civic a couple times though, even if I cant get one of my own put together this year.