car charger outlet

pradaG

5+ Year Member
the outlet thingy doesnt seem to work...the one that u plug your cell phone car charger adapter into ..ive opened up my dash to see if the plugs were loose but it still doesnt work..is there a way to fix it? that isnt costly? and what could be wrong wit it?

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
is the car on? im pretty sure it only works with the key in the Accessory or On position. not when the car is off

pradaG

5+ Year Member
nah my car is on and everything and its a 00 civic 2dr.. my brother said something about a fuse being burnt out? could tha tbe possible and where would the "fuse" for the car charger be located at?

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
same thing happened to my power outlet.
the fuses are under neath the steering wheel, all the way to the left on the side fo the car u shood see a little thing u pull down it says "Fuses" on it idk i have a 97 idk if ur 00 is the same. it should be close to where you plug in the scanner for ur ecu. close to the fuse box should be a clear plastic template or something to show which each fuse is for.

when my power outlet went the fuse was fine, and it was the outlet itself.
just go to pep boys or w/e u can pick up a replacement one for like $5. if you go this way your going to haveta do some wiring, cause its a universal one, its not honda specific.
or if youve dont know how to do wiring and uve got some money to spend go to the honda dealership

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
check the fuse first tho, if its burnt out that might be the only problem, and you wont haveta replace the whole outlet.