Car dying while running and check system light

Bukket

Hey all, I’ve owned my fn2 since January and it’s been sitting for about 3 months. 3 weeks ago I drove it around for a day and everything was fine.

Earlier today I was raising the suspension because the previous owner had it lower than I’d prefer and when I took it for a drive the sub speaker in the back was making a heart beat sound constantly, I’m pretty sure I hear one ignore the wires to the amp shorting out and the check system light came on the dash, seconds after the car starts having a seizure, the power steering stops working and then it dies.

The battery has been jumped a few times and the car is dying unless I have my foot slightly on the throttle. Could the amp be causing all the problems, is the battery completely gone or could this be a more serious problem?

alex98

Hey all, I’ve owned my fn2 since January and it’s been sitting for about 3 months. 3 weeks ago I drove it around for a day and everything was fine.

Earlier today I was raising the suspension because the previous owner had it lower than I’d prefer and when I took it for a drive the sub speaker in the back was making a heart beat sound constantly, I’m pretty sure I hear one ignore the wires to the amp shorting out and the check system light came on the dash, seconds after the car starts having a seizure, the power steering stops working and then it dies.

The battery has been jumped a few times and the car is dying unless I have my foot slightly on the throttle. Could the amp be causing all the problems, is the battery completely gone or could this be a more serious problem?
The seizure sounds like you're car went into limp mode. Remove the amp, charge your battery, and see what happens.