Car Height

f4113n

Fu
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm getting springs tomorrow. It was supposed to be todaybut the freeway was backed up like none other so I said eff it. I have a 97 DX coupe. How much should I lower it if I plans to put on 15" or 16" wheels on it? I don't want rubbing and I don't want a gap between the fender and the tire. A minimal gap is ok. I think about 1.9 front and 1.7 rear. Is that good?

ryanM

f4113n said:
I'm getting springs tomorrow. It was supposed to be todaybut the freeway was backed up like none other so I said eff it. I have a 97 DX coupe. How much should I lower it if I plans to put on 15" or 16" wheels on it? I don't want rubbing and I don't want a gap between the fender and the tire. A minimal gap is ok. I think about 1.9 front and 1.7 rear. Is that good?
thats what tein s-techs drop..its a nice ride height, but i prefer lower, like as low as you can possibly go without rubbing lol. maybe 2.5 all around, or maybe closer to 3" :lol:

f4113n

Fu
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you think 2.5 -3 inches wont rub? i think it would but im not exactly sure.

f4113n

Fu
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bump, im doing this tomorrow, i need to know. thanks.

Mythh

5+ Year Member
I went 2" with 15's, perfect drop for me, not low enough where I cant drive it around town and bumpy roads, not too high where you can see tons of space round the tires.

f4113n

Fu
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got them today. I got 99-01 Integra coilovers. But I f**ked up already lol. The coils are perfect. Not too bouncy, not too stiff, but I got it dropped 2.5 all the way around and my car is dirty as a mother so I took it to the car wash and they had a rail for your left tires to go onto and the rail moves when your car is in neutral. WELL...I was going onto the rail and it scraped the s**t out of the bottom of my car. I was like OH EM EF GEE. So I backed up and scraped even more. When I got home I jacked my car up to see if it did any damage and thank god it didn't but I was still pissed off.

2.5 is only temporary until I get some new shoes for my car. Probably 99-00 Si shoes.