Car radio malfunction (mech error) drains battery?

Hello world, I own a 2006 acura csx touring edition. My car recently broke down, it won't start. And I noticed that something was wrong with my radio too. The mech error shows up on my radio and I hear rattling when the radio tries to eject a cd in it. I think the CD is stuck for sure. it can't play the cd nor it can switch my other cds in the radio. And it keeps doing this on and on. Now I mentioned prior that the car couldn't start, battery and terminals look fine. my car won't start unless I jump it. my question is, this problem with the radio looked like it started overnight. can the radio drain the battery because it keeps trying to maneuver the CD inside only to no success.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
There could be a small power draw from the radio if there's some sort of wiring / ground issue. But it sounds like the battery is the culprit here, as @boofoo mentioned.

Thanks for your inputs. I replaced the battery and it seemed to do the trick. However the radio is still giving problems. Says mech error and makes some loud rattling noises when it's trying to move the cd inside. Now the weird thing is that it says there are two cds are inside, yet when I removed the radio from the interface and opened it up, there's only one cd in it.......
So I can't tell if it's some technical error in the unit. Faulty radio unit? I'm not going to try to forcefully remove that cd, however I'm at a slump. It continues to rattle and stops after a few attempts.