car won't start

twiztid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a 96 Honda Civic EX and I was driving it and all of a sudden it stalled when I tried to put it in fourth gear, and would not start by turning the key or getting a rolling start and putting it in gear. I pulled my plug wires and tested them and I have no spark. Is there anyone who has had this problem or know's how to fix this problem.

Holly Golightly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i don't know but i'd post this in the 6th gen civic forum if you want it answered

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
haha... why move it slykandi.... this forum is for "problems"

j/p twiztid... but really, uh... do you have any gas???

my car died once while driving..... timing belt?????

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
your distributior, rotor, or coil has died. get new ones of each, starting with the cheapest first, and see if that works. or you can take it to autozone or one of those places, i know one will test your electrical system for you for free.

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya, unbolt your distributor cap and see what the problem is... everything is pretty intuitive so you should be able to see if one thing or the other is broken..... no spark should definitely be an easy electrical fix. check your fuses?

also, before the car died, were your shifts clean? or were you hitting the fuel cutoff and/or grinding the gears?

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Originally posted by "abej6"

I could get rid of the "Problems" since I want this forum for site related issues. MY B. Moved to the Engine Forum.

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "admin"

abej6 said:

I could get rid of the "Problems" since I want this forum for site related issues. MY B. Moved to the Engine Forum.
:admin: <--- i meant that there was a problem for the car... and this is for.. like you said site related issues... it was just funny because i could imagine twiztid looking at the forum and seeing "problems"... and then being like... "ooo, i have a problem"

:( -- i thought it was funny :(

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol, that sucks tho, how far from home were ya when you died, but yeah im pretty autozone will test it for free, and then hook ya up with parts =)

Holly Golightly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "abej6"

admin said:
abej6 said:

:admin: <--- i meant that there was a problem for the car... and this is for.. like you said site related issues... it was just funny because i could imagine twiztid looking at the forum and seeing "problems"... and then being like... "ooo, i have a problem"

:( -- i thought it was funny :(
:lol: sorry, i'm just anal when it comes to things like that...

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
absolutely nuttin wrong with a girl bein anal when it comes to that...

Holly Golightly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know... normally i have toooooo many things to say to a comment like that but i'm new... so i won't

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "slykandi"

i know... normally i have toooooo many things to say to a comment like that but i'm new... so i won't
no no.. let him have it... i want to see where this goes...... b***h slap him!!!! :D

Holly Golightly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol i'm too laid back for that... i just like to give guys a taste of their own medicen... :lol:

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ill bet its the distributer. thats why im glade my 7thgen is has no distributer.