Carbon Fiber Hood?

memorex

2004 Civic Hopefull
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys,

I have never really been a big fan of carbon fiber hoods until I was walking into school one day and noticed a 7th Generation Civic in the school parking lot with one. I thought it looked awesome, and then after coming to s**t site often I noticed the car on the top of the pages look awesome.

Well anyways, one day when I was away from my car a couple of my friends decided to sit on my hood giving it a few dents. Because of these dents I obviously need to get it fixed, but then aagin why pay the money for a new hood, when I can probably get everything I need for a Carbon Fiber hood cheaper.

So lately I have been considering getting one, and my dad said it would look cool. I have a 2000 Civic EX that is White like the one above. I want your guys opinion however on the hood. Should I go Carbon Fiber or should I just stay with the OEM one? Im going to admit my car looks a little "ricey" so I honestly think a Carbon Fiber hood would look a little less ricey since it's mainly big in Japan. Is this making any sense? I hope so...

Well I have been looking at the hoods and now I want you opinion on what brand I should get, even though I have been gearing more for VIS. Also what types are the best, and well I don't know just ANY information would be helpful. I have been most interested in the Xtreme GT style made by VIS, and I was wanting to know price ranges, ect. But any thoughts, constructive critism, or information would be greatly apperciated.

Thanks,
Patrick[/u]

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i love cf on white cars. VIS is good, a lot of people rock em, so im pretty sure they have a good rep

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just make sure you get the "oem carbon fibre" hood... that way you can have the best of both worlds !! :thumbs up:

panuwat

Lost Honda
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dunno for some reason, the invader cf hood looks nice to me too.. can anyone point some online shops out to us..? i dont want to buy a knock off brand hood... since i need a new one after my accident

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
YEAH, get OEM... stay away from my cool hood!

memorex

2004 Civic Hopefull
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Okay now do any of you guys no a price range on these types of hoods? Also I havent seen anywhere to buy them besides Ebay, and nomally I only buy smaller stuff on there not something this big when it could have so many unplanned things wrong with it. Also I got the assumption Carbon Fiber hoods are basically weightless compared to the OEM style. Is this actually true or is this just a stereotype since it is carbon fiber and actually weight about the same as the OEM hood?

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
the price range for the hoods go for $300+ the hoods are lighter than the stock hood, i think my vis weighs around 20lbs or so.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you need to surf da net a lil more yo!!!

for real, here's SOME sites for yah
www.VIS.com
www.extremedimensions.com
www.aurotrends.com
www.tornactive.com

thats not even the start of it mang...look around

OEM style hoods run usually $350, and hoods like mine (invader style) run about $450 (although i got mine for $350 :twisted: )

memorex

2004 Civic Hopefull
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
And where would you point me when it comes to buying a VIS hood?

memorex

2004 Civic Hopefull
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I didnt see anywhere on thw VIS website to buy the hoods, so my guess is I call?

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
you can try http://www.streetstyler.com/VISCarbonFiberHoods.htm
they are located in PA

weaponrc

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
other hoods streetstyler also carries are made by abs dynamics. i have a carbon fiber front lip made by abs and it is flawless. i would say that their hoods would be high quality as well. the c/f hood i have on my car is made by Sunny Styling from Japan, but as far as i know they went out of business a few years ago. u might be able to find them around still, but my hood looks way better than all of my friends' hoods as far as quality, fitment, and apperance. just somethin to check out.....good luck!

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does spoon have a site cuz i can find it with all their products