Cat back/ Exhaust Feedback Needed

lagracie88

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would like any feedback I can get on this subject. I have a 97 Honda EX Coupe and I would like to put a catback system on it but I really don't want a sound to wake the dead. Okay, maybe I would but the neighbors wouldn't! It is all stock now and I am looking for a throatier sound without the bumblebee buzz. I like the Apexi but I hate to put out the money for something I can't judge until after the fact. I am a novice at this so any help, experience and feedback would be great!! Thanks. :roll:

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you planning on doing anything else power-wise in the future?

if you dont get something like a greddy evo which i like myself.

if you are planning to go something like N/A or s/c you want something with a bigger pipe (2.5") or turbo (3")

i ran a thermal 3" in my integra with a supercharger and that motha was loud as... well you get the idea but boy did i feel the air flow.

panuwat

Lost Honda
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey... i see that you are from maryland.. what part? maybe we can meet up and i'll show you my 5zigen fireball cat.. it sounds really nice...

its deep, at low rpms (1000 - 2500) you can hear a low grumble... from 3000 to 5000 it gets really loud... anything higher and it is screaming! :headbang: (ok i really like that smiley) well anyways.. it also depends on how you step on the accelerator.. if you smash it, it'll be loud, if you just sort of nudge it down, it'll barely be noticable.. 5zigen started out as a company making exhausts so you can trust its reliability.. it looks similar to the apex n1 but the tip is a little slanted, and it is fit to be slanted too.. i wish i could show you a clip of it .. i have it on my digicam but the editing progs are on my bro's computer.. pm me sometime :lol:

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I agree with imazn. I recommand the Greddy Evo, which I currently have on my ride, for a low deep-throat sound. For louder exhaust sounds I prefer the Apexi N1. If I go turbo I'm going to get the Apexi N1 turbo exhaust.

imazn--just out of curiousity, why did you opt the s/c instead of turbo?

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
instant boost. better acceleration. easier to maintain. ideal for autocrossing. and turbo is a lot more expensive to have it done right.

lagracie88

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks everyone that responded!! I am going to the Carlisle, PA show in May and I am definitely going to keep my eyes open!! :D :D

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Originally posted by "lagracie88"

Thanks everyone that responded!! I am going to the Carlisle, PA show in May and I am definitely going to keep my eyes open!! :D :D
Hey, I'll be there too. To bad there isn't enough members going to get a meet there.