Cat back exhaust for a four door

Project Zero

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sup guys im new to this site and i was wondering if a cat back exhaust to a 96-98 EX two door will fit a 98 4 door lx. and if not what route should i go. i dont want a one peice c-b Exhaust and i dont want a cheap exhaust. im in the process of making it a JDM EK1so youre suggestions are appreciated thanks. :smileyR:

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont think it will fit, the piping will be to short for a 4 door, and the ex cat is in a differnt spot.

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the cat is in a different spot but the exhaust itself will fit because coupes and sedans are built on the same chassis

Project Zero

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks man, The thing that i know of that is different is the exhaust manifold and the cat (it is built in) not a two peice. do you know any one that did what im trying to do on a 4 door civic or a 2 door DX.

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeh, the exhaust will fit. just to give you a secondary confirmation :thumbup:

Project Zero

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey sick civic, what do you guys think of the tenabe super hyper medalion i can get it for $480 out the door (but its for a EX.) on my 4 door LX. :P

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$480 for that exhaust is not bad. but i have no experience with that system. PM and ask 99CivicEX about the tanabe systems. he claims he has the hookup on them, and he also has tanabe on his car. :thumbup: