Registered VIP
Anything new with her man?

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not a lot new. I did change up the headunit a little. Took out the OEM and put in my old school MD indash and 6 disk CD changer...

I also got my full replacement decal set for the Starks. Included was the spoke sticker and both inner barrel info stickers =)

I started running AutoX with my first event being back in January. I went down to Wilmington, NC to run the second event last month and I just registered for one on March 20th that is local. I did have the rear fenders rolled to accomodate the track wheels that I purchased. I will be running Kosei K1's w/ 225/45/15 Toyo Proxes RA1's for track days.

The helmet =)

Placed 3rd in Novice at the Wilmington race

Front test fit

Rear test fit...to close for comfort. Rolled now.

Guess there was a little more going on that I realized...lol. Thanks for the comments all =)

00_jdm_em1

xREDLINE EM1x
hey man, always lookin good, how hard was it to do the a,b,c pillars in tweed??? maybe ill do mine in red...

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks guys.

Branden- pillars arent hard to do. Just take your time and smooth them out evenly and tightly.

Went out with the people I AutoX/HPDE with for a drive on Sat. Here is some of the crew...

Some of my shots...

00_jdm_em1

xREDLINE EM1x
I spy your old wheels, id love to have those... I have pics of your car from IA fall meet btw... mine didnt make it... but it will this year... i think im gonna attempt mine in red... ive done the carpet, headliner, and door panels,,, surely I can do the pillars... where did you get your material from and how much did it take??

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, my budy bought the gold D2's off of me for his EP3. Post of the pics from fall IA =) I dont know if Im going to the fall event this year. I know summer for sure but with Baltimore added tot he line up and all of the racing I will be doing I think Im cutting the fall event. That and I will probably be setting up a Dragon meet near the time of fall IA. B18C Inside and try and organize every October for a meet at the Dragon.

As for the pillars and material, I just got a roll from my interior guy. It was so long ago I dont even remember cost or anything. I didnt measure any of it, I just rolled it off as needed to do everything. I have a full interior wrapped...I am POSITIVE you can do it!

00_jdm_em1

xREDLINE EM1x
Ill post pics when I get home from work. I'll for sure be at summer meet with mine this year, I dint care if it has to be on a trailer, ill pay the fuel cost. Seems everytime IA comes around something breaks. Anyway I gotta find an interior shop to get material from, I don't know of any close. And when you and Jason start organizing the run, let me know. I know a few that will come.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No worries man, we will keep you in the loop when planning starts =)

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Love it man...

How much was the CF liner?

I think a black CF hood would look better BUT that is only ME lol... I F in Love your car

98_DX_HB

Upgrade Dx
Cluster

Have a 98 Dx hb, trying to change cluster. Is Si or Ek9 cluster compatible with my car? If so, any links for modification?

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sweet, thanks Branden =)

Thanks UCCRacing. IIRC the headliner was about $500. But I cannot provide any info as I dont remember much. I purchased it back in like 2004ish time for my 00 Si show car. And I am considering going to a standard C/F hood actually. Im considering the raw C/F and also painting it. I just wont paint this one...lol.

98_DX_HB, you should be good to go on a SI or CTR cluster. They are plug and play from my understanding. I have never tried as I have only owned SI's ;) But Honda wouldnt have had any benefit to making something different in the set up. It would have cost more at the production line to have differnet harnesses and such for a dash in basically the same car.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
500 aint bad for what you got!

And yes they are 100% plug and play (clusters)

1997EK

1997 Civic DX (EJ6)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow, lots of progress and great photos too. I really like what you've done with the interior, especially the headliner. Only thing I don't care for is the CF hood, but to each his own I suppose. Looks great all in all though!

(What's your camera and lens setup btw?)