Change...EM1 content

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks guys. I was 8th of 16 novices this time. DIfferent group and different surface. Big change for me was going from street tires to R comps. I need to feel them out and know their limits. I went from 195/50/15 Yokohama S.Drives to 225/45/15 Toyo Proxes RA1's for tracking. I held top novice for most of the day but the last heat really came out strong.

1997EK, my friend was shooting the event with a Canon 1Ds w/ a 300mm f2.8

1997EK

1997 Civic DX (EJ6)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
1997EK, my friend was shooting the event with a Canon 1Ds w/ a 300mm f2.8

Nice. I'm a Nikon guy myself, but can always respect some beast equipment like that haha. Did he shoot the rest of the pics in this thread as well?

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Without going back through I would say he shot some with various equipment. Mostly though I shot the pics in the thread. I shoot Nikon as well. I use a D50 with the kit 18-55 or 55-200. Pretty sure I havent used the 70-300 on anything in here. =)

emerican

Registered VIP
CLear out your inbox man i tried to pm you but i cant

emerican

Registered VIP
lol sounds like the attic of my house.
Pm me back with a tracking number on that cat man i paypalled you the money

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well had my first HPDE weekend this past weekend. I was at NCCAR, google that to see their site, and it is a great place to learn! I pushed the car harder than I thought it could go and learned so much about how to use the car in that environment. I had HUGE improvement from my first lap on my first session to my last of my last session on Sunday. My instructor after the first day said my driving was night and day. Sunday we worked at getting more aggressive and finding more in the car. I was tearing up the S2000's in HPDE 1 with me and I ate a 350Z several times. And we had a GT-R that was in HPDE 2 on Saturday get bumped down for Sunday to DE 1 and yeah I ate him too...lol. He was def scared of his car...lol. I out ran lots of cars that you wouldnt think possible. I know a lot of it comes down to driver and them not pushing the car as hard for whatever reason. But I built mine to push!

On my last lap of my final session coming out of turn 4 I heard a back fire sound and shortly after it didnt feel right. At turn 13 (final turn) I knew something was way off. We got the checker for our cool down lap and at about 3k rpm I was hearing a blow by type sound. Sounded like an exhaust leak. We get it back and let it cool down because idle and everything was fine. Only at 3k up was it weird. Turns out I pretty much torched my cat and it plugged up causing me to blow my gasket at the header/cat. So, Sunday I ran open header and tore it up all day! I then had to drive the 1.5hrs home with an open header...lol. DEAF!!!...lol.

Here are a couple pics for now. Maybe have some more a little later =)

Coming down the front straight at about 110mph. By the last couple sessions on Sunday I had a sweet line coming out of the turns before it and was able to get 120mph near the end and bang rev limiter. There was no reason to up shift as the front straight comes up to a hairpin turn. And I was getting close enough to the brake zone that it was safer to just ride it out than take more and dig the brakes even harder.

Toyo Proxes RA1
Before (Stock photo)...

After- two days and about 210mi on track...Oh, and that torn up side is not from inner camber because thats the outside of the tire ;) Im running 225/45/15's

And a short clip of me heading home on the open header...lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ82VcHzm5c

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
And a couple pics from this evening...

O-E-M CTR Fressssshhhhhhhh...

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Cool it!

Fill up shot this AM as the sun was coming up. Just thought it was kinda cool for a cell pic.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Some video updates on the track time...

Last run on Saturday April 9th of the track weekend. Session was about 20min but the battery died while running...lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUBFkYAg8UM

Last run on Sunday April 10th of the track weekend. And this time I was fail for letting the SD card fill up over the weekend. I was running open header as discussed a few posts up. We were tight at first since we were just pulling on the track. We did break up more after a couple laps. Only so much passing can be done for us newbies. Have to keep some space and pass where allowed =)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cjD2kQjh40

Last run from AutoX this past weekend. Placed about mid pack for the novice group but placed first in my base class. Might have to pull my novice status and just compete in class...lol. Im still a newbie out there but novice class is all cars novice. Some very tough cars in it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG51jS6efRI

Spyro

5+ Year Member
I think it's cool that your wifey is into the JDM stuff too, most women would get aggravated when we work on our cars.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks =) It makes thing much easier...lol...

Update...
Hawk HPS pads all around and.....
Thought I would go ahead and try one of the two after market exhausts I'm willing to put on my car...

Spoon Gen 1 Street muffler...

freddyrules

Code Blue
Wow thats the nicest looking EM1 ive ever seen i never wanted those pics to stop and do you and your ever race lol?...I want to get mines that clean and nice but ver time I will

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Clean car man. Im not a fan of your wheel choice but it takes all kinds to run the world, right? Very cool Auto-X pictures. Good luck with the future plans.