Change...EM1 content

Discussion in '6th Gen Honda Civic Builds / Show Offs' started by mportedcivicsi, Nov 25, 2010.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. mportedcivicsi

mportedcivicsi Respected Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Ended up being terribly sick over my Christmas vacation time. No work happened then. But before that, I started getting some mock up done. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. mportedcivicsi

Nice helmet bag and air gauge for Christmas. Because every car on jack stands needs these!

Carbon wiper cowl, with wiper provisions. Little treat to myself.

Load wiring worked into the setup. Hope to have time Friday and Monday, as I'm off, to get back inside the car.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. boofoo

boofoo Respected Registered VIP

Time to look into getting the annual flu shot!

4. mportedcivicsi

It wasn't the flu, and there is no way in hell I'll ever get that useless shot again after being forced for so many years in the military...and getting sick with the flu each year.

5. boofoo

:thumbdown

Scientific studies clearly demonstrate that the flu vaccine saves many lives every year. Perhaps someday it will save your life or somebody you love. :thumbup:

Have you considered that you did not get the flu and instead got some other respiratory infection?

6. mportedcivicsi

Without getting into debate, I've done my research as has my wife, and we are not of the same opinion as you and in no way to I mean to offend. But I firmly stand against it and will have no part of it. And she is near deathly allergic to each of the types available. She is in health care and "required" to have it, but she is exempt due to the nasty side effects she's experienced. But we have no problem with anyone that so chooses. The ability to choose what you put into your body is that which we enjoy, while not mandated by the govt or other such careers.

What I generally was sick with, along with many people I knew on both ship and shore, was not a respiratory problem. I was sick each year I was forced to get the shot and not when I was able to slip through the cracks.

7. boofoo

Those who administer flu vaccines must complete a questionaire with patients. A severe past allergic reaction to the flu vaccine is clearly a contraindication for vaccine administration. Fortunately, it’s rare.

However, your characterization of the vaccine as useless is patently false and should not be accepted as “alternate“ truth.

Sorry for temporarily dragging your thread off topic. That was not my intention. Carry on. =)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    mportedcivicsi likes this.
  8. mportedcivicsi

With anything, each person will have their opinion, hopefully based on their own research and conclusions based on that, and not by forum/overheard conversations/anything of the sort. Those types of information should only serve to drive ones own research to come to that personal conclusion. So that is a disclaimer for this side road topic for anyone reading. Take the info with a grain of salt and do your own research and decide what is best for you or your family =)

And yes, back to our regularly scheduled program...haha.

9. TigBitties

TigBitties Frame Bangin Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

That wiper cowl is pretty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. mportedcivicsi

Chugging away as I can. Center block off will also be carbon wrapped, matching the outside vent block offs.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

ImportFan1 and pmac193 like this.
  11. mportedcivicsi

Nearly ready to close up inside. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

pmac193 likes this.
  12. ImportFan1

ImportFan1 Super Moderator Staff Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Damn is that thing clean. Well done.

blandsarcasm and mportedcivicsi like this.
  13. mportedcivicsi

So my daughter picked up pink eye at daycare. Awesome. Used naptime to get some work done. Finished up the interior before bed last night. Next! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

ImportFan1 likes this.
  14. civteck

civteck Respected

Looking bad ass, all quality names in there.. you have a planned completion date or just goin with the flow?

Sent from my boujea ass phone

15. boofoo

Possible bad hygiene management at daycare, though most kids have poo-poo all over their fingers. :shock:

16. mportedcivicsi

I tried to live by some dates last year and it didn't work out. Now I'm just rolling along until its done. Closing up the interior was kind a check to register for SpringFest in VA Beach in June...I know, the event name doesn't match the month. They have pushed the event over the years due to the growing size and venue availability. So anyway, I'd like to be done for that.

Who knows. I do know that the kids stay sick with something for months in there. My daughter doesn't get nearly as sick as the rest of them, but that is just how it goes. We think that was really a viral pink eye though. The symptoms more lined up with that. And after the reaction she had to the eye drops, we discontinued them and used an antihistamine. The same day, boom, night and day difference. I'm just glad she's feeling better. It was a mess with her not sleeping most of the night for several days due to her feeling like poo.

17. boofoo

True, though bacterial conjuctivitis is more common than the viral form in the winter.

I hope she's feeling better now.

18. mportedcivicsi

Yeah, shes doing much better now, thanks.

19. boofoo

:thumbup:

20. Hondad78

Hondad78 Respected

Wow, this build is on a whole new level. Those floor cut outs for your feet, is that custom? Is this car strictly track?