j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
3DScott said:
Hey everyone. So i was reading Sticky: Maintenance Schedule by
NOFX,[link] http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=87285

and was reading about changeing trans fluid. Is this an easy process? Im just wondering because i just baught a car and was wondering if i should do it. Or at least get it looked at. ;)
your car manual?? if so its easy as fawk, pull both plugs replace bottom and refill w/ long funnel

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Here's the page from the 6th gen repair manual. You're only concerned with the left side of the page btw.

(And yeah, Scott's car is stick.)

Click the pic below for larger image. Pretty large btw, so might take a sec for 56Kers.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea bro its cake work, and use penzoil synchromesh for replacement fluid, best i've used yet

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, Synchromesh also helps to clear up a bit of chatter if your tranny is making any sounds it shouldn't.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
j_fukin_t said:
your car manual?? if so its easy as fawk, pull both plugs replace bottom and refill w/ long funnel
ditto, im about to do mine w/ penzoil synchromesh

3DScott

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
j_fukin_t said:
yea bro its cake work, and use penzoil synchromesh for replacement fluid, best i've used yet
Awsome. :D

1 more questions... your saying Penzoil should i be worryed about the weight of oil or anything>? :D

3DScott

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Here's the page from the 6th gen repair manual. You're only concerned with the left side of the page btw.

(And yeah, Scott's car is stick.)

Click the pic below for larger image. Pretty large btw, so might take a sec for 56Kers.

THANK you very much! When i was hanging out with you guys the other day i was just wondering if changeing the trans fluid would help with the little sounds we were hearing :D i hope it does. Thanks Amy. >` =)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I can't promise it will... Maybe a little bit. I too have Synchromesh in my tranny right now. It quieted it down a little, but mine's pretty bad off. :(

*Hopes she gets a detail job at least soon so she can start buying parts to rebuild Y8 tranny.* - The more I think of it... the more I think it would be fun. If I had the time and could let my car sit (and get someone to drop the tranny for me) I'd get a friend to teach me to rebuild it. =)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oh, and I have that entire manual on my computer. I'm sure Jason can make you a CD of it later.