Changing plugs

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just finished searching the site and can't seem to find my answers, at least not with regards to a d16y7 engine. Is it still a 5/8 socket that I need? How long of an extension do you think I'll need for the actual wrench?

99siTUNER

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea, it should be 5/8 but you should use a socket made for taking out plugs, its got a little rubber washer thing that will hold onto the diode or whatever youd call it so it will lift out once its loosened all the way. just get a long extension, i duno maybe 8" or so should do the trick. I love it how 1 this is a pretty bonehead question, 2 that no one had the courtesy to answer it lol have fun!

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
99siTUNER said:
bonehead question

do you know how much to tighten them once you get past the task of taking the old ones out?

.........just past "snug"........

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yup, also know that I've got to replenish the signal light fluid

saw that in a previous thread about plugs when i was searching

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks like you got it all down now, just make sure the fluid is yellow and not blue.....yellow is jdm type r

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ahh it's a good thing you told me that, i bought the wrong stuff, maybe it'll work though for the rear signal lights? :P

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
only if you pull out one of the light sockets and pour it directly into the housing