Chips on ECU

HYPHYinMy4DR

5+ Year Member
If anyone got info on Chipped ECUs please post.

I've purchased a P28 ECU and its time for smogging. The previous owner installed a Skunk2 stage-1 chip.

Question: Can I swap any stock chip back into the P28? Or can I just remove the Skunk2 chip from the socket?

Question: Does every ECU require to solder a socket inorder to have a aftermarket chip?

-I'd notice there was no chip on my stock P06 Auto ECU and also no socket.

Thanks in advance! :D

99siTUNER

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
research! PGMFI.org is your friend. Id stay away from taht ebay spoon, mugen, skunk2 chip bullshit. a REAL chipped ECU is just a rom chip that you or someone capable would tune yourself for real results not just dumping all the fuel you can into the engine and hoping to go faster. if you had a chipped ecu via pgmfi way, you could have one with a stock basemap on it and one with an upgraded fuel map, and yea you could switch them out if needed. seriously though, search the library on that site, theres more information than you could ever imagine there.

WalterRonny

Amante de los EG's
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
HYPHYinMy4DR said:
If anyone got info on Chipped ECUs please post.

I've purchased a P28 ECU and its time for smogging. The previous owner installed a Skunk2 stage-1 chip.

Question: Can I swap any stock chip back into the P28? Or can I just remove the Skunk2 chip from the socket?

change just chip

Question: Does every ECU require to solder a socket inorder to have a aftermarket chip?

yes , you need to solder a socket for to chip a ecu..

-I'd notice there was no chip on my stock P06 Auto ECU and also no socket.

Thanks in advance! :D