Civic 2003 sedan a/c wont start? Where is ECM

RonJ

Banned
Hi Ron,
I have a Honda Civic 2003 and the ac does not work. The heater works fine though. I took it to pepboys to diagnose the problem and they said it was a bad thermal switch because the compressor wasn't getting any power and did not engage when the ac button was pressed but the ac guy checking it didn't seem to know what he was doing.
Does the condenser fan run?

Does the A/C button light turn on?

What caused this to happen? Some background might help.

I have done the basic test but the recycle button does not blink.
What is this^. Give details.

JaydedCivic

Good evening Ron, I hope you are well. I found this thread while removing my MCU to test voltage as I am having issues with my 2003 Honda Civic LX A/C. The compressor, and fans do not turn on. I do have a multimeter (for the weekend) and I have jumped the pressure switch connector to no avail. I have not jumped the evaporator temperature sensor, nor have I looked at the thermal switch. I get good voltage from the battery, and in the hood fuse box, I get 12 VDC at one of the terminals for each 20A fuse but not the other (I am using the negative side of the battery as my ground) The green button does come on when I press the AC button on the heater control panel. I am also curious as to your diagrams. I see the spots for them in this original thread, but I can not see them for myself. I feel they would be immensely helpful and insightful to my current predicament. I am trying to start from ground zero and troubleshoot the wire to see where my power is either not getting to, or what box its not getting through. any help would be greatly appreciated. So far I have checked for voltage at the pressure switch, and didn't have any. I have checked for voltage at the heater control panel, didn't have any. I was in the process of checking the MCU, and then the ECM when I still didn't have voltage with the car off. I attempted to start over with what you were telling darksniperx, but his inability to explain himself led to me joining the site just to post this reply in an attempt to get some assistance. Thank you for your time with this matter.

Saved round:
I thought it could be my MCU as I can also no longer secure the car with the key fob that was provided to me when I purchased it. I was aware of the locks not working, found some instructions on reprogramming the fob after battery was replaced to no avail. However before I pull the trigger on the MCU replacement, I want to ensure he is also the culprit for my AC not working at all.

Jared

Last edited: