Civic 99 EX mods

mlody

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hello people

I am looking into modding my car a little more.
I have already put AEM short intake ( I do not want to go with CAI because of safety since I put lots of miles on it) and I have 16” alloy wheel with summer tires.

What would be a next logical step to do anything on my car? Headers ? What HP gains are we talking ? I had a sport muffler before and besides being loud it did not do anything good so I got rid of it and put a stock one. How about a whole exhaust system from the front (engine) to the back ? Is that going to increase horses? Can someone give me some realistic numbers on that ? I do not want to go anywhere extreme on modding my car since it is a daily car and it must be quiet and reliable.

Thanks for any info

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i/h/e will definitely give your car some slightly bigger hp #'s... but dont expect them to be huge....

it will also add a deep throaty sound while driving.... and performance exhaust is usually a very common mod.... so there are many different options for you...

i'd say go with that.... and then add some neon, and altezza taillights :D

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
altezzas or stock. a lot of people like stock 99 tail lights. personally, i like the altezzas...depending on which ones you get. yes, i/h/e will help. and will help other mods work better. heres a suggestion though, you should have tossed this into the 6th gen section IMO

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you want to add exhaust, it will definitely make your car louder. it will also give u a little bit of a hp boost. when i added my catback on my 99 EX i absolutely loved the sound, and i could definitely tell a difference in it's pickup. it was also the only thing i had done to the exhaust system.. no header... no cat... and i had no aftermarket intake. but if u want it to be quiet, don't change the exhaust or header IMO, u will just have to miss out on the extra power. :wink:

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Suspension!!! some strut bars and or sway bars, a good set of shocks. Cause a car that goes doesnt doesnt mean it can turn fast too.

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Si_Racer13"

Suspension!!! some strut bars and or sway bars, a good set of shocks. Cause a car that goes doesnt doesnt mean it can turn fast too.
doesnt doesnt ?? :?

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
save up for a motor swap or turbo..... below that price range (~$4000, done correctly), that little d-series isn't going anywhere otherwise