Civic block cracked. Honda's fault.

RichD

First of all I purchased this car knowing that it had a REBUILT title because the previous owner side swiped a building. The accident caused damage on the drivers side front fender, door and slight rear quarter panel damage. It had no damage what so ever to the frame or suspension parts. I even had a certified mechanic put on a lift and verify this. While doing a all wheel alignment because of problems with the rear tires wearing out on the inside......the technician assured me that there was no damage to the frame.

PROBLEM: HONDA WILL NOT REPLACE MY ENGINE THAT HAS A CRACK IN THE ENGINE BLOCK EXACTLY WHERE THE THOUSANDS OF OTHER CIVIC ENGINES HAVE CRACKED BECAUSE OF THIS!! iF IT WAS A RECALL THE CUSTOMER REP SAID THEY WOULD REPLACE IT FREE.

Can you tell I'm pissed off?!!!

I know there are scammers out there....but I'm not one of them.....I'm a blue collar worker that works in the automotive business and had to take a job 45 minutes from my house....

I bought this Honda Civic thinking that I would be able to drive it for at least 5 more years...now it's sitting at the dealer with me not knowing what to do with it!!!

Quote:
Please Honda BACK YOUR PRODUCT UP!!!!!!! :x:angryfire

Sincerly yours

Rich D :

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I didn't even know they had a service bulletin or whatever out for this lol. I'm glad my brothers 06 is holding up okay.

Sorry to hear about your situation :(. If Honda says they're supposed to fix it and don't, take it up with BBB or something.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just join the CAL that all sorts of people are going against honda, settle it that way.

i mean i understand that your upset, but did they say why they werent going to replace the motor?

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First of all I purchased this car knowing that it had a REBUILT title because the previous owner side swiped a building. The accident caused damage on the drivers side front fender, door and slight rear quarter panel damage. It had no damage what so ever to the frame or suspension parts. I even had a certified mechanic put on a lift and verify this. While doing a all wheel alignment because of problems with the rear tires wearing out on the inside......the technician assured me that there was no damage to the frame.

PROBLEM: HONDA WILL NOT REPLACE MY ENGINE THAT HAS A CRACK IN THE ENGINE BLOCK EXACTLY WHERE THE THOUSANDS OF OTHER CIVIC ENGINES HAVE CRACKED BECAUSE OF THIS!! iF IT WAS A RECALL THE CUSTOMER REP SAID THEY WOULD REPLACE IT FREE.

I know there are scammers out there....but I'm not one of them.....I'm a blue collar worker that works in the automotive business and had to take a job 45 minutes from my house....

I bought this Honda Civic thinking that I would be able to drive it for at least 5 more years...now it's sitting at the dealer with me not knowing what to do with it!!!

Quote:

Sincerly yours

Rich D :
Rich,

How is this Hondas fault?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Rich,

How is this Hondas fault?
If you googled "cracked engine honda civic", you'd get loads of hits for 2006 Civic's with cracking engine blocks. Honda issued a TSB for "Engine, Cooling System - Overheating/Coolant Loss" and the crack was the source of this issue. Rich isn't the only one.

If Rich's car is/was still under warranty when it happened, they're supposed to fix it. If it's out of warranty, it'd be out of goodwill and doubt it'd happen at that point.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why did you join just to post this? This site isn't Honda and is no way associated with the company...

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you googled "cracked engine honda civic", you'd get loads of hits for 2006 Civic's with cracking engine blocks. Honda issued a TSB for "Engine, Cooling System - Overheating/Coolant Loss" and the crack was the source of this issue. Rich isn't the only one.

If Rich's car is/was still under warranty when it happened, they're supposed to fix it. If it's out of warranty, it'd be out of goodwill and doubt it'd happen at that point.
ah. ok that's making a little more sense. What's a TSB?

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There is a warranty extension on the blocks for the 06's. If you give me the VIN I can plug it in my network over here at Honda and I can find out whether the dirty title is affecting the warranty or not. Because usually dirty titles will affect things pertaining to warrantees.

nicoalex2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A crash with the car would probably void the warranty
You are the winner. Rebuilt title, no matter the cause, will void all warranty issues

Sorry Rich. These engines are cheap enough to buy and move on. It sucks to have to pay for it but sometimes that's just the way it goes.

david white

Quote:

Sincerly yours

Rich D :
I have a 2008 Civic which was totaled due to a hail storm that passed this way in 2011. It totaled lots of cars. I bought the car from the insurance company cause I thought that this was rediculus to total the car for cosmetic reasons. I had it repaired and it looks like new. I have all the documents that show that this was the only problem (hail damage). When my engine blocked crack the other day, Honda told me that since I had a "branded title", the extended warranty that they have to replace these defective motors that have this problem (cracked engine block) was voided. They couldn't do anything about it since that is there policy. Does anyone have any ideas? Would going to court work? They also said that this would be true if I drove off a new car and had hail damage that totaled the care a month later. How nice.

sdanville

5+ Year Member
I fixed my daughters cracked block for $35.00. 2006 civic . 103000 miles.
car losing antifreeze. i research. watch youtube. sure enough it is leaking out of the block in the
front facing part. right of this big bolt with hex head. so almost bought a $900 used 2010 motor. but
thought i would try snake oil . good reviews on FIBERLOCK for cracked blocks. why not before I replace
my daughters engine. I will be a monkeys uncle if the leak did not stop. I am gitty happy. All these engines
being replaced when $35 plus tax can cure it. and there is enough snake oil in the can to do 3 civics.
as God as my witness , I am not related at all to the product. Ill have a youtube video later this week.

Ep3po

Respected
A had a 2006 ex coupe. Bought it new in 06. Received a letter about the warranty extension to 10 years and unlimited miles for the block issue. About a month later I was sitting at a red light and had steam comming out of the hood. Got out and looked and it was seeping threw the block with no visable crack and dropping on exhaust causing steam. I had 113,000 miles on it at the time. Honda covered everything even the tow. Not a penny out of pocket!!!! 4 days later I had my car back with a new motor. And they fixed two other recalls while it was there.rear hub assembly's and sun visor recall.