civic choices?

RMiranda

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey guys

im buying an EG within the next week, and i want to know your opinions on which trim level i should get?

My choices are either VX, DX, or SI.

I hear the VX is really light, but what's lacking in it? Also, it's very rare, and I've only found 1 for sale in the entire Vancouver area? The DX seems to be what i'm leaning towards due to the SI's weight. What do you think?

alltech01civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are you planning on performing a swap???....if so, then IMO....get the dx or vx, or unless you have an itch for a sunroof then get the si!!!!

RMiranda

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh sorry, i guess i should have mentioned that

yes, im planning on getting the EG's jspec B16A, though that will come a bit later (after suspension and SiR brake conversion).

so many choices!

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the VX and CX models are the lightest of the 5th gen. The CX is basically the same as a DX but doesnt have some features that the DX has. The VX would be a good choice for you since you are coing to swap because the VX wiring harness is already programmed for VTEC and with the DX or CX you would have to add a wire for VTEC. With the VX all you need to add is the Knock sensor. The Si comes with rear disc breaks, so if you got that you wouldnt have to do the break conversion.

If you have any questions feel free to email me or hit me up on AIM.

RMiranda

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks for the input, i've narrowed my search down to a red 92 VX, and a bunch of other DX's from 92-94.

i have a few other questions (what is your e-mail addy?)

is the VX higher on the scale then the DX?
what features are missing in VS that the DX has, or vice versa?

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the CX is the lowest model followed by VX, then DX, and Si is the highest.

Some VX's dont have side moldings(optional), it has a D15Z1 producing 90 hp equipped with VTEC-E. VTEC-E is not like the normal VTEC, but instead it helps with gas mileage. the VX has 13inch rims designed by Enkei(optional), They also have smaller rotors than the DX.alot of the stuff that is available for the DX was optional on the CX and VX, so you will come across models that have different things on them.

mcproof@yahoo.com

onefastcivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea get the dx i have one with a factory sun roof and i have done the si rear brake conversion it was a sinch so i mean if you can come across a b18c1 get it if not run the b16a2 you should get the dx you dont have to worry about power window motors going out and not being able to close your window and s**t like that i mean i would definatly go for the dx coupe. you will like it i love the handling it has with a b18c1 motor with skunk2 coil overs with gsr sway bars front and back. and also have type r front strut bar and a skunk2 rear strut bar with skunk2 tie bars. get it man the vtec wire isnt hard to run just get a idea from your local shop.

Xgen

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like the Si, its a nice car to start with and with performance mods its even better.

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good choice! Those are my favorite years. I have a 92 DX h/b. If you are doing an engine swap, I would choose the cx/vx (about 2100 lbs) if you can find one (if you are serious about making it a mean street machine). On, the Si, The sunroof adds weight in the worst possible place, and there's sound blocking material that adds around 100 lbs. As for VTEC wiring, us Canadians are in luck because pretty much all canadian model civic are pre-wired for vtec. And all 92 models from what I understand. The only reason I chose my DX was because it was in mint condition and had all it's maintenance history ($11,000 worth of tune-up/repairs!). I will be doinga B18B1 swap this year. But then again, most of it comes down to what you want.