!! civic si lowering help !!

rd2000si

i have a 2000 civic si and am thinking of the tein h tech lowering specs, any thoughts on these, i have 15's on the car now in your opinions would it look better lowered 1 inch with 15 or 16 inch rims

Decipher

Registered VIP
read my sig.

hey, you asked for opinions.

tony9156

I have tein s techs that gave me a 2 inch drop and now I wish I went lower. Save your money and get coilovers trust me I wish I had.

Brewster

I just lowered my 98 Dx Hatch with Neuspeed springs and if I had the money I would have gone coil overs hands down.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
because once you get springs you will realize you didnt go low enough. you will waste 200+ dollars on something you wont even notice and wont feel much of a handling change. coils will give you the biggest change and till you buy new struts, arent all that much more money

Mystery_man

If you want a good ride that is a different story really. If you don't care go with full body coils.

I am on tien s tech springs and koni sp2s on low perch. It is low and rides like a dream. If I want to go play I can just firm up the dampening. I got my stuff new for cheap on here.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This stuff is covered in my FAQ sticky.... "What looks good" is subjective. Now matter how many opinions you have thrown at your, in the end, it's your car.

The benefit of coilovers over lowering springs is yes, height adjustability. If you're not satisfied, you can change it. But you should get an alignment every time you change your height. Because you're toying with your camber/toe/caster settings whenever you raise/lower the car.

I personally think 16" wheels look the best on 6th gen's.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your setup isnt low. and you s techs run low spring rates

i think wheel size depends on how low you are. i have 15s and they look good, 16s wouldnt look right

rd2000si

i like the h techs more with is 1.3 in front and 1.1 in rear so i was thinking that and a 195/50/16???

1999EM1

I'm super low in my 99 SI, still rocking the 15" SI rims. Wish I had gone with a 50 series tire instead of 55...

I'm also dropped on Progress CS-II Coilovers. Very comfortable, better than my friends Skunk2s.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
=) got ya beat. but respectable. lower than most

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go coilovers you can get progress cs-II's for about 600 dollars, function and form type 1's for about 700 and if you source it right a koni yellow's/ground control spring set for 8-900 bucks. all three of those will be a good set up, lower you at least 2.5 inches and handle very well