!! civic si lowering help !!

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have skunk2 pro s and i love them. they go super low and they ride stiff but its not that bad. i dont even notice it anymore

boombotz401

So what's everyone think about the teins? To soft? I was thinking of them also for my dd just wanna close the wheel gap as for the op h tech you probly won't even notice the drop I've been researching stechs but worry its more for looks than anything with no handling improvement also looked at skunk 2 but worry too stiff for dd coils are absolutly the best way to go but not everyone has 700_2000 bucks laying around

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

1999EM1

"a better pic" being from what angle? There's two other pics of my car on the 1st page.

rd2000si

im not looking to lower 2 inches i just want something a little more aggressive that can be daily driven, and living in wisconsin snow plays a role in that too.

boombotz401

im not looking to lower 2 inches i just want something a little more aggressive that can be daily driven, and living in wisconsin snow plays a role in that too.
If your only looking for a mild drop like myself is go with eibach pro kits I've been searching all week and forums along with all my local race shops say the same...I also ran them on my 92 integra the ride was pretty good felt planted hugged corners very well

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

1999EM1

My pointer finger doesn't fit in the gap. Pinky goes in slightly if it's slanted, but not straight.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow there's a lot of stuff thrown around in this thread..

i have a 2000 civic si and am thinking of the tein h tech lowering specs, any thoughts on these, i have 15's on the car now in your opinions would it look better lowered 1 inch with 15 or 16 inch rims
H-Techs really don't lower much. The difference is there, but mostly only to you. Majority of other people probably wouldn't notice the drop. That, and they are very soft springs, like basically OE springs. So, no real improvement in handling either. In the end it's a lot of money for nothing..

The 16's might help fill in a little of the gap aesthetically, but I personally think 15's look and fit just right. Not to mention most 15's are lighter, cheaper and tires are cheaper.

The S.Techs are popular. They give a good drop yet are high enough and soft enough to run OE shocks without much trouble. Great for daily driving and even some spirited driving. Not a good choice for any real performance though. I've heard some people complain about it's rake too (meaning front or rear is too low compared to the other)

go coilovers you can get progress cs-II's for about 600 dollars, function and form type 1's for about 700 and if you source it right a koni yellow's/ground control spring set for 8-900 bucks. all three of those will be a good set up, lower you at least 2.5 inches and handle very well
Just FYI, you can get the Koni/GC setup for about $720 shipped. http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=207126&page=3. Find deals like this on the shocks and buy the coilovers direct from GC. Just takes a little research to get a great deal on amazing products.

So what's everyone think about the teins? To soft? I was thinking of them also for my dd just wanna close the wheel gap as for the op h tech you probly won't even notice the drop I've been researching stechs but worry its more for looks than anything with no handling improvement also looked at skunk 2 but worry too stiff for dd coils are absolutly the best way to go but not everyone has 700_2000 bucks laying around
Read above for Teins. They will improve handling, but only slightly. Skunk2's are pretty stiff and would work out better if you want to be slammed, I wouldn't recommend them for a simple nice daily driver. If you have a 5th/6th gen, you can get the Progress CS2 coilovers for under $600 shipped. $2000 coilovers are pointless unless you're building a dedicated race car looking to win stuff.

If you want a good, noticeable drop that won't sacrifice ride comfort and you can use stock shocks, I'd personally suggest the Tokico lowering springs. I have had them on my '99 Civic EX daily driver for a year and a half and they lower the car about 1.6" or so and it's pretty level all around (as oppose to having too much rake or reverse rake like some springs give). The springs are a little stiffer than OE, so handling does improve a little bit. But, ride comfort is not sacrificed. No one who rides in my car ever mentions anything about it, feels great. And this is on original 145k mile shocks... Hell I drove my grandmother around a bit and she didn't say a thing lol

I've never gotten any real good pictures of the car since it's just my daily driver but these are better than nothing.. This is with my race wheels/tires on. 15x7 +42 wheels with 205/50R15 tires.

With the street setup from my race car. 15x6.5 +35 with 195/50R15 tires.

Here's a much better shot but this is with the normal wheels/tires I run on it. 14" Del Sol wheels with 195/65R14 tires. Tires are oversized so they fill in a bit more wheel gap and also make the car look higher off the ground than if I ran the normal 185/65R14 OR a 195/60R14 tire. But, to me this is a great height and the drop is definitely noticeable and the ride is very comfortable.

Springs on the stock shocks..

If you want the car to handle a little better with out sacrificing ride comfort or going too low, get a rear sway bar from an Integra LS. It bolts directly on with no extra modifications needed. You can get them real cheap, dirt cheap if you can find one at a junk yard..

If your only looking for a mild drop like myself is go with eibach pro kits I've been searching all week and forums along with all my local race shops say the same...I also ran them on my 92 integra the ride was pretty good felt planted hugged corners very well
I would also suggest the Eibach Pro-Kits as an alternative to the Tokico's. Roughly the same drop as the Tokicos but a little stiffer. Since they are stiffer, they may be pushing the limits of the stock shocks. But, those springs have progress rates so you could be fine using them with stock shocks for a while.