CIVIC SWAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceBeast13

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Break me in gently cos im new. Whats the pros/cons of putting either a B18C5 or a H22A in a 94 Civic hatch. Im tryn to get the thing with a real quick 0-60, was thinking of tryn a JRSC as well. Any advice or links would be awesome

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well with the H22 it will be heavier so you wont beable to take turns fast. i wouldnt get the b18c5 because of how much it costs. youd be better off using the money to get an h22 and building it up. but if i was you i would go b16 since it is honda's first real race motor and it has the most potential. get the b16 and build it up and turbo it.

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you want quick 0-60, then you need Torque. I suggest a B18b, or a B20b/z and a turbo. you will make more torque than the H22. for about the same price.

Turbo02

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've got estimates ranging from 5000-1500 dollars on a motor for my civic. I have a 2000 Honda Civic Ex and don't know whether to go with the B-series or go with a H22 prelude engine. The H22 is gonna be faster but which is the best way to go money wise and performance wise?

The Civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You've always got to weigh in how important comfort is too. Probably one of the most reliable setups that's quick and still really reasonable when it comes to weight would be a B18C1 with a Jackson supercharger. The supercharger will make more than enough torque down low to melt the tires & keeps up fairly well in the top end too. You won't sacrifice much of the cars handling with it either. If you toss in an H22 you can expect more understeer than your used to just because of the added weight up front. I'll admit that it would be great in a straight line with the 2.2 though.

Till L8er,
Ken

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
H22 and the GSR motor are in fact the 2 HARDEST swaps to do... i would stay away from the H22 altogether unless you plan on using it at the track only.... http://hybrid2.honda-perf.org/tech/badidea.html this explains it a little bit better.... good luck.

99CX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The whole H22A in a civic is a myth, It's only 85 lbs heavier than a b16a, and with any decent suspension work you will NOT notice the weight difference. It is a hard swap, but well worth it IMO. It will put an otherwise stock EG hatch into mid 13's in the 1/4.

B20 is fairly expensive, everyone says its not, everything is nickel and dime stuff, after you buy the motor, you have to buy tranny, ecu, mounts, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, fuel rail, injectors, linkage, not to mention all your gaskets etc, and lots more little things, it will cost you way more than you think.

B18C5 is a sweet motor, but over rated IMO, unless your getting a wicked deal on it, your better off with a B18C1 and modding it for the same price. Plus the C5 has high compression which is bad if your gonna go the turbo route

B16A2 would be your best option if you want cheap and easy, if you want some fun and a little work, but good power, go H22A

99CX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "13hybrid20"

Do you guys even know how much more a H22 weighs over a B16?
85lbs, no big deal, well worth the extra power, with a good suspension setup you CAN'T feel the the difference

hondamaster719

Registered VIP
Lol. Didn't see this thread.. also didn't realize the Gsr swap is one of the hardest?...

sent from my EVO eater

b16lewis

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
b16 you can not go wrong, besides what you pay for h22 You can have a b16 with a lsd transmission one step ahead imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.