:::Civic Virtue::: 00 Sonic Blue EJ

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I'll have to hit you back in awhile, just put my money on other necessities

Yeah, mine were doing the same thing. I had to fiddle around with the memory button to get it to lock back where I originally had it, works well now.
Ill have to try that. Also, the lever broke so if I want to adjust them, I have to stick the handle in hard (no homo). I just hate how they dont lock after I recline them so everyone has to get in through the other side. I think im going to go back to OEM Ex seats. :roll::roll:

Civic Virtue

Ill have to try that. Also, the lever broke so if I want to adjust them, I have to stick the handle in hard (no homo). I just hate how they dont lock after I recline them so everyone has to get in through the other side. I think im going to go back to OEM Ex seats. :roll:
Preludes are cursed mate, don't bring the curse into your Civic!

Decipher

Registered VIP
What muffler are you planning on? I'm in the market for a new muffler myself (tired of the fart can), but I don't know what many of them sound like... so I to don't know what to pick up. I've gone through countless youtube videos of people showing each muffler's tone, but every time they rev the audio just distorts and they all sound like s**t.

The car is coming along nicely though man.

Civic Virtue

What muffler are you planning on? I'm in the market for a new muffler myself (tired of the fart can), but I don't know what many of them sound like...
I have a Megan OE-RS muffler on my Prelude but that's a H rather than a B series so it may sound different still. I do like how the OE-RS looks though if you check out the images.

Decipher

Registered VIP
Well, I'm running a D16, and I did just find a video of a y7 with the OE-RS cat-back setup and it sounded pretty nice compared to others I've listened to. I'm going for that low growl, as opposed to the raspy, throaty, buzzy sound most civics produce. I'm not eve sure if what I'm trying to achieve is possible with the D... but I'm willing to try. Thanks for the suggestion.

Civic Virtue

I'm going for that low growl, as opposed to the raspy, throaty, buzzy sound most civics produce.
My Prelude had the typical Honda ricer sounding exhaust when I had the Megan resonator on that came with the cat back. I replaced it with an 18" Magnaflow resonator and it cleaned up the tone a lot; deeper and a bit quieter too. If you have ricer exhaust issues check out resonators next, they help.

Civic Virtue

New parts!! MFactory dual bend short throw shifter with fresh bushings. Met the owner at SEMA and saw great craftsmanship, thought I'd give them a try.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I love how its coming along, its cleaning up really nicely OP good job =)

As for the resonator are you talking about the ones you get at auto parts stores? Im getting a generic 2.5" exhaust but I know its gonna be loud so ive been thinking about getting a resonator welded in line.

Civic Virtue

As for the resonator are you talking about the ones you get at auto parts stores? Im getting a generic 2.5" exhaust but I know its gonna be loud so ive been thinking about getting a resonator welded in line.
Thanks for the kind words

The resonator I had welded in the Prelude was an 18" MagnaFlow resonator. If you can deal with it not being "JDM" MagnaFlow makes great products. Just pick your diameter and length (the longer the quieter and deeper the tone). All in all the installed resonator should run you around $120 ($70 for unit, $50 to have it welded in). You'll then have a Civic that doesn't sound like every other Civic cruising the streets.

Where I purchased mine >>>MagnaFlow resonators

miKrodot

S.L.A.B.
Hey Brian it's djp (mike) from PZ. Just bought a black '99 EJ6 DX hatch as my winter ride. Gonna be restoring it as well, I kinda fell in love with it on accident haha.

Civic Virtue

Hey Brian it's djp (mike) from PZ. Just bought a black '99 EJ6 DX hatch as my winter ride. Gonna be restoring it as well, I kinda fell in love with it on accident haha.
What up Mike!! How the hell did you find me on here? I love EK hatch's by the way, especially in black if you want to trade shells? :shock: Let me know if you make a build thread too mane!

miKrodot

S.L.A.B.
What up Mike!! How the hell did you find me on here? I love EK hatch's by the way, especially in black if you want to trade shells? :shock: Let me know if you make a build thread too mane!
Haha total chance. I saw the thread you posted on PZ with the civic and recognized it in this thread. I'll be posting some pictures in my new guy thread tmrw or Wednesday. Keep the updates on yours comin! Everything you've done so far is a major improvement ;)

Civic Virtue

Haha total chance. I saw the thread you posted on PZ with the civic and recognized it in this thread. I'll be posting some pictures in my new guy thread tmrw or Wednesday. Keep the updates on yours comin! Everything you've done so far is a major improvement ;)
Thanks Mike, appreciate it. I'm eager to see your new build seeing as the Prelude was crazy clean. Try to keep this one away from your dad though eh?