Civic Wagon possibly?

House Special

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

With the Fit in it's 3rd generation here in the US, and the introduction of the HR-V, I think it's about time we got a Civic wagon again. It seems there would be a demand, with the success of the Focus and Mazda3 wagons. I know that Honda has teased bringing one here but what do you guys think?

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I say to wait a few years till they work out the bugs.. especially with Takata!

House Special

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The Takata issue is worldwide and affects a lot of top brands. I, ironically, work for Toyota and we're hit pretty heavy as well.

An Accord wagon would be awesome. I have a friends who have H22s in theirs.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Neither of those are wagons....more like x-over SUV's from Subaru or Nissan.
They look like a Rogue or CrossTrek...

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a soft spot for the concept type r personally.

House Special

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Neither of those are wagons....more like x-over SUV's from Subaru or Nissan.
They look like a Rogue or CrossTrek...
I know they're not wagons, because "wagons" aren't "desirable". Liftbacks and hatchbacks are the thing. When I'm out on the road, or even when I have someone looking for a car, they love the extra space that these vehicles have, and as long as it looks remotely sporty, they "forget" it's wagon-based.

Odd Half

That first image doesn't look like a wagon at all. Dunno if a Civic wagon would sell too well considering the CR-V already exists.

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Don't know if you're aware but Honda sells a Civic wagon in Europe. It's called the Civic Tourer.

Honda raced one in BTCC.

I think the closest thing we have to it here in the US is probably the Mazda5. I like the Mazda5, but between the CR-V, HR-V, and Fit, I don't think the Tourer would sell very well here unfortunately.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't know if you're aware but Honda sells a Civic wagon in Europe. It's called the Civic Tourer.
I like the Mazda5, but between the CR-V, HR-V, and Fit, I don't think the Tourer would sell very well here unfortunately.

I like the Tourer, especially over the HR-V.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
After driving the HRV, we really liked it.
I like the interior layout, it's simple and doesn't have as many electrical bells and whistles as the CRV.
It's smaller, AWD and handles like a Civic.